Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you could live anywhere in Brighton, Hove, Sussex where would it be?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Money no object. Why would you live there, positives and negatives, links to the area favourite pubs etc etc. Doesnt have to be flash either.

If this has been done before please dont come out with all that fixtures nonsense how am I to know.

I have always thought Clifton Terrace - of course handy for everywhere and just the right side of ostentatious. I always feel it is like Brighton's version of The Boltons. Even its position seems aloof. Bit uncool but location wise it cannot be knocked.

For village life I have always liked Hurstpierpoint.

For somewhere lmore realistic I would go back to its Elm Grove. I just like the houses especially the Isle of Wight named roads.

Yours?

D

Deleted User X18H

Just off the Drove in Brighton not Hove. Or if I were younger and single a flat my wife has down St Aubyns on Hove seafront.

I lived on Hove Seafront in my 20's great place for a young man to take a young lady back to. Good pubs. Hove Town centre. Oh get a good pair of binoculars to look out to sea and the beach if you know what I mean.

Last edited:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
One of the nice big houses in Palmeira Avenue overlooking the County Ground - preferably with a roof terrace (and a strict agreement that the club won't build a sodding great stand blocking my view!!)

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
At the moment I'd like to be living on the Seven Dials, Montpelier Crescent or very close. Lived there for 8 years and loved it, got very good memories, nights out, friends nearby etc.

eventually when I settle I'd like to move to Shoreham. A lot of my married friends now live there and it's great in summertime, some good pubs, walks etc.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
If I'm correct a Laine is actually an old english word for field, which is what the laines used to be before they were built on. As oppose to A lane, meaning a ....Lane!

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Not withstanding the fact that I could think of very few places to live in town that would be worse.

You would be like Jack and the beanstalk going to the shops. What the f*** can you buy round there. You would set out for a loaf of bread and some milk and come back with some rare northern soul records, some vegetarian shoes a jim morrison poster and some herbal ecstacy.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
In SHoreham, but somewhere where we can have a house and a workshop and a showroom all in one, so probably the old Bellamys site, just a small matter of £1million....shouldn't be too hard really, saving £500 a month for around 166 years :clap: woohoo - nearly there...

(and thats without the renovations needed!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here