Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you could go back in time

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
A cracking match at Reading. We won 3-2,Wardy and Robin Friday were on fire and we had bricks thrown at the Seagull Special on the way home - those were the days.

Gig would probably be Can at some club in Croydon - they were always brilliant but that night was something else.

Runner-up would be The Clash supported by Buzzcocks, Slits and Subway Sect at Sussex Uni. The gig was pretty good but the best came later. We gate-crashed the post-gig party, spent some time chin-wagging with Mick Jones and Joey Ramone before a leisurely stroll home in the warm May air.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
... I'll go for Six of the Best at Milton Keynes Bowl back in about 1982.

I was there, and if I went back in time I would a) drive instead of relying on public transport, and, more importantly b) take a bloody coat as this was a contender for the wettest I ever got at a gig (as opposed to at the Albion)

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Concert- Rush on the Hemispheres tour at Hammersmith, played 5 nights there in a row.

Game - The 2-0 FA Cup win against Liverpool at the Goldstone the season after we had been relegated from the 1st Div. No one expected us to win.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I was there, and if I went back in time I would a) drive instead of relying on public transport, and, more importantly b) take a bloody coat as this was a contender for the wettest I ever got at a gig (as opposed to at the Albion)

To cheer you up a bit, I drove and it took forever to get out of the car park with people sliding all over the place in the mud.
I don't remember if I had a coat or not, but I agree that it was probably the wettest I've ever been at a gig!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Albion v Norwich 1983 - FAC 6th round 28,000 happy days. :)

Lolapallooza, Toronto 1993 - some top acts on show: Smashing Pumpkins, Dino Jr, Arrested Development, Rage Against The Machine. Marvellous.

doncasterseagull

Kasabian!!!
May 23, 2008
Doncaster
albion semi final against sheff wednesday at highbury

and any gig seeing joy division

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Match - FA Cup Final

Gig - Manic's @ Astoria 94 Richeys last gig with the band and during the Holy Bible tour.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Can I go back to Pukkelpop 1991, but arrive an hour earlier this time so I don't miss the opening act, Nirvana? That and the fact that Ride, House of Love and Sonic Youth were all on the toppest of top forms. And the Ramones were, well, same as the Ramones were at EVERY SINGLE other gig they ever played. Which is great of course... HoL playing Love in a Car to an ever-increasing crescendo is one of my life's great memories. And moshing to Sonic Youth that day was probably the most battered, bruised, sweatiest, knackered and euphoric I've ever been watching a single band... Magic times.

Or The Only Ones at the Lyceum in March 1981. Their last gig before they split up and disappeared for 25 years, and an eerie combination of celebration and wake.

Or U2 at the same Lyceum a month earlier. A spiritual celebration of a band realising that five years of hard graft on the support circuit was finally paying off, and loving every second of it, before success became second nature and ruined them.

Football. Dunno, probably Bristol Rovers on promotion day 1988.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Football - almost end of season match at The Goldstone against Preston, when Eric Potts played a blinder against us and we needed to win. We scraped it in a thrilling encounter 3-2.

You'll be very suprised when you find out it was SHEFFIELD WEDS then :lol:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
............. it took forever to get out of the car park with people sliding all over the place in the mud....

Better that than having to leave before the end - hence missing Steve Hackett - because the last bus back to the station, for the last train back to Brighton, left before the end of the gig! :flameboun

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here