Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we LOSE on Friday.....

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
If we LOOSE on Friday.....

...realistically how long can it be until the 'board' give McGhee some kind of ultimatum, or at least set some kind of target.

I think thats what frustrates me most, its just this realisation that we can keep churning out SHIT performances and excuses and yet nothing seems to change and McGhee plods on regardless.

I'm actually prepared to give him till the end of January, but i'm not quite sure that we arent just blindly being led into League One which is going to be EXTREMELY difficult to get out of when all the money (rightly) will be concentrated on building Falmer.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Dick Knight's been quoted as saying that he's willing to commit some money for a striker in January. Doesn't sound likely that he'll boot McGhee out at the same time. Seems to me more likely that as McGhee does not take at all kindly to criticism, he'll end up in a war of words with a few loudmouths behind the dugout, and end up walking out on the club.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
3 wins in 35 isw fine

remember we have no ground, no training facilities, no money, no investors, no tea lady.........

we have to take what we get and also when 150k comes our way, we must piss it up the wall for some bloke no-one has ever heard of.

Only joking! We will be fine this year...we only need another 8 wins and we will stay up.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Re: If we LOOSE on Friday.....

Rougvie said:
..., its just this realisation that we can keep churning out SHIT performances and excuses and yet nothing seems to change and McGhee plods on regardless.

There havent been that many "shit" performances....admittedly results are not satisfactory ...but at the start of the season 4th from bottom was our target and that is still achieveable

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Re: Re: If we LOOSE on Friday.....

The Auditor said:
There havent been that many "shit" performances....admittedly results are not satisfactory ...but at the start of the season 4th from bottom was our target and that is still achieveable

how?

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Re: Re: Re: If we LOOSE on Friday.....

dave the gaffer said:

not rocket science...two more points in the remaining games than those also at the bottom..that can be done...everyone keeps saying were doomed but we are only two points from safety despite being so "bad"

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
fair enough...however have you noticed the gap starting to appear down the bottom!

I am still optomistic, however I am struggling to find where we are going to find 8 wins from

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
if we loose on Friday its an unacceptable run of form.

our aim must be to stay in this division.

If DK has made that clear then Magoo and the players know what needs to be achieved.

our record thus far is absolute bollocks, if we'd won a few of the draws we'd be better off,

I don't buy this 'we played well and where unlucky to loose' bollocks, thats defeatist , either the players or the management aren't good enough, or both !

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
dave the gaffer said:
fair enough...however have you noticed the gap starting to appear down the bottom!

I am still optomistic, however I am struggling to find where we are going to find 8 wins from

its like last year ..we have to win the mini league at the bottom ..five teams in it at the moment 1st or 2nd in the mini league over the remaining games and we stay up

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
dave the gaffer said:

The next 8 games?

But if we are loose on Friday some nappies or some Immodium could do the trick.

If (big if)we lose,however..........

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Hull are down there as well, so in my view its a must win, if you cant beat hull at home you wont stay up simple.
Losing to the likes of reading (tactics aside) is not going to kill brighton this year its crappy draws to the likes of derby.
Mcghee has been tacticly short this year when selecting players and formations, a example of this is Jake Robinson he keeps on starting him when he is clearly not good enough at the moment.

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
KinkyGoehring said:
Hull are down there as well, so in my view its a must win, if you cant beat hull at home you wont stay up simple.
Losing to the likes of reading (tactics aside) is not going to kill brighton this year its crappy draws to the likes of derby.
Mcghee has been tacticly short this year when selecting players and formations, a example of this is Jake Robinson he keeps on starting him when he is clearly not good enough at the moment.

So what happens if we draw with Hull and the teams above us lose on Saturday, we will be out of the bottom 3 and you're saying we won't stay up ?

I agree we need to start winning some games but you cannot judge the outcome on the whole season by one game in Mid December.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Hadlee said:
So what happens if we draw with Hull and the teams above us lose on Saturday, we will be out of the bottom 3 and you're saying we won't stay up ?

I agree we need to start winning some games but you cannot judge the outcome on the whole season by one game in Mid December.

What hapeens if Brighton lose and everyone else wins?

if your example happens Mcghee again will have just done enough to hide what is going on.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Hadlee said:

I dont think the point is to judge it now, the maliase has been going on for a good while now, I personally think we DO have decent enough players to keep us up, whether or not they are motivated enough remains to be seen

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
KinkyGoehring said:
What hapeens if Brighton lose and everyone else wins?

if your example happens Mcghee again will have just done enough to hide what is going on.

Yes, but my point is we will not be relegated on one game in December.

What is it you think McGhee is hiding ?

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Hadlee said:
Yes, but my point is we will not be relegated on one game in December.

Finally the voice of reason!

It's not like we're 11 points adrift at the bottom! We're only half way through the season and we're still intouch with safety. Don't forget we haven't played Millwall yet but have already played some of the top teams twice!

We will be fine.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If we lose on Friday I'm not bothering to look on here for a couple of days, wrist slashing and abuse will be rife :ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here