Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we had a striker...

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
And have no one to back up the forward. Was'nt there today so only go on what was said on the radio,by all accounts CMS was cutting their defence to pieces. The crosses were coming in too high for our guys,we have no height in the forward line,the times they said the ball was just over our players. We all know that the goal scoring forward is needed but we all know they are the most expensive...if we are going to get our forward...get the right one....please come home Bobby...

When will people realise...... We cant afford Bobby. We dont have any money.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Well, it depends on the striker. But it was our downfall., and came as no surprise to anyone.

How many more points will we blow before we get one?

It's gone on for far too long. If TB won't/can't release sufficient funds for a new striker (and we've got to make do) he and/or Gus should say so. At least we'd all know then where matters stood. We all keep expecting someone to be signed but it doesn't look as if it is going to happen. Otherwise, wouldn't it have been common sense to have signed someone before the season started?

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
I simply don't get the CMS love in on here - anyone with open eyes can see he simply does not have the necessary skills to play with the type of team, players and style of football GP has set up - CMS would be fine at a Burnley, Posh, Palace or just about most other hoofing teams but at the albion, swansea etc he'd be shown up for what he is...average and not up to standard. GP must have had a mad moment signing him, Bloom (rightly so i think) must sit there in his seat and see he's been encouraged to part with millions for someone who'll never succeed here and think Poyet needs a rein on his spending. No doubt GP thinks he is above criticism and so occasionally makes snidey comments about lack of funds/ambition. If he looked in mirror and actually admitted CMS is a huge cockup, I'd respect him far more.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I simply don't get the CMS love in on here - anyone with open eyes can see he simply does not have the necessary skills to play with the type of team, players and style of football GP has set up - CMS would be fine at a Burnley, Posh, Palace or just about most other hoofing teams but at the albion, swansea etc he'd be shown up for what he is...average and not up to standard. GP must have had a mad moment signing him, Bloom (rightly so i think) must sit there in his seat and see he's been encouraged to part with millions for someone who'll never succeed here and think Poyet needs a rein on his spending. No doubt GP thinks he is above criticism and so occasionally makes snidey comments about lack of funds/ambition. If he looked in mirror and actually admitted CMS is a huge cockup, I'd respect him far more.

From his comments in the Argus, I think he has. He is hardly likely to make a public apology though is he? Nor would I ever expect him to. We all make mistakes, it is how we overcome them them matters.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005

That's the thing, CMS is a brilliant 'kick and rush' striker with his bags of energy attitude but that just isn't our style. I think Bloom has held the funds back after Gus clearly mis-spent £2.5m on the wrong player last season. Once bitten, twice shy. Just hoping we can sort something out, if the money isn't free flowing, maybe a loan deal is achievable?

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham

This.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
From his comments in the Argus, I think he has. He is hardly likely to make a public apology though is he? Nor would I ever expect him to. We all make mistakes, it is how we overcome them them matters.

Gus ... get on with overcoming the CMS striker error then.

CMS may be a fans favourite because he's a nice bloke, always waves to the fans even after a defeat, is great at fans forums, and sprints alot closing down defenders.

But he cannot consistently score at Champiionship level, and is certainly no gifted creator for those around him.

Time to move on.

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
Selling club Arsenal were demoralised and depleted further.

Would Arsenal today with Nasri, Fabregas, Adebayor, Clichy, Song & Van Persie ... won?

Almost certainly.

they still created a lot of chances, plenty enough to win the game, very similar to Brighton today and you can't deny podolski isn't a top class striker so to say that its all down to striker is a little misleading. Its just one of those days in football where it doesn't work.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
I was there and thought CMS had a great game although his finishing could have been better. The fact the CMS song got at least 5 outings suggested the rest of the travelling support appreciated what he did today.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Gus ... get on with overcoming the CMS striker error then.

CMS may be a fans favourite because he's a nice bloke, always waves to the fans even after a defeat, is great at fans forums, and sprints alot closing down defenders.

But he cannot consistently score at Champiionship level, and is certainly no gifted creator for those around him.

Time to move on.

Rubbish time to stay and continue playing like apparently he did today and score along with the rest of the team....Reading got promoted by a team effort (scoring shared around)...get real we arent going to sign a striker who is going to be a lambert

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here