Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IF we do not go up it will be because we lack a clinical finisher

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
We all know the situation. Let's hope it is resolved in January.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
dont know what chance you mean in the first half. agree second half chance he should of headed, but you dont say about his 30 yarder that just went over or the fact that he can hold the ball up well. i had a mate go to the game today and it was the first time he has seen barnes play and he was full of praise for his movement and hold up play. i think ashley is going to be a very good player for us and im sure GP does too. we dont see the players everyday in training ect. we are top of the league by 3 points ( which i agree should be 7 or 5 really) so gus is doing somthing right, but im sure you are a better manager than him.

Great chance in the first half , the ball sat up lovely but he lashed it wide.

Yes his 25 yarder that went wide was a good effort.

Dont be ridiculous , Gus is better than all of us but it would be a bloody boring forum if no one posted unless they were better.

Look, I'm not a Barnes moaner up until today.

For me I've said only positives about him and he has shown he can be ok but the fact is he needs far to many chances to get goals at the moment. When we were getting away with it then no problems but that is 2 games running its contributed to us not getting maximum points.

Only a blind man would not acknowledge that and continue with head in sand

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Simeon Jackson from Gillingham would have filled the bill and wouldn't have broken the bank.

Of course, he would definitely have come here in preference to Championship Norwich :facepalm:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
No idea why Barnes is so often in a great position and cannot convert. It is often said taht "once he gets one it will be fine", but Barnes has done that and it isn't fine at all. I assume his confidence is shot, not helped by threads (and posts) like this. I really hope he comes good very soon, oherwise we need a striker who will convert chances very rapidly indeed.

Sandaza just doesn't look good enough sadly. He may be able to finish, but his general play and touch seems poor from what I have seen.

Murray is doing an excellent job as a provider, that is great, as long as the person he provides for puts the ball in the net. Maybe the lad from Norway who was on the bench will bethe one?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here