Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IF we do not go up it will be because we lack a clinical finisher

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
If you have limited funds you balance them as best you can. If we only had X amount - maybe don't sign Barnes, the Norwegian fella, a goalkeeper we don't need, both Argentinians or Sandaza - or a combination of them.

I get the feeling you might be quite tough to go shopping with. How much do you think 20-year-olds from Plymouth reserves (one goal in two last season, one in three this), or unknown, young Argentines/Norweigans, or players released by Dundee cost? I doubt our goalkeepers (released by Swindon and Leeds) are breaking the bank either, particularly when Kuipers was widely thought to have been on top whack.

I sense Murray will score a shitload this season, but I'm seduced beyond reason by his whole tortured soul thing.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I get the feeling you might be quite tough to go shopping with. How much do you think 20-year-olds from Plymouth reserves (one goal in two last season, one in three this), or unknown, young Argentines/Norweigans, or players released by Dundee cost? I doubt our goalkeepers (released by Swindon and Leeds) are breaking the bank either, particularly when Kuipers was widely thought to have been on top whack.

I sense Murray will score a shitload this season, but I'm seduced beyond reason by his whole tortured soul thing.

I ruddy love Glenn Murray. :thumbsup:

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
What do you think about the way he's shaved his head to distract from his increasing hair loss? I'm thinking of trying it but I'm terrified it won't grow back. Also, do you feel we're due an outbreak of anger from him soon? He took a lot today without retaliating, but I feel like there's a little bar above his head (like the health ones in Streetfighter) that goes up every time he gets fouled or roughed up, and it's cumulative.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
What do you think about the way he's shaved his head to distract from his increasing hair loss? I'm thinking of trying it but I'm terrified it won't grow back. Also, do you feel we're due an outbreak of anger from him soon? He took a lot today without retaliating, but I feel like there's a little bar above his head (like the health ones in Streetfighter) that goes up every time he gets fouled or roughed up, and it's cumulative.

I like to think of it as more of a fundraiser totaliser like on Blue Peter - only running through his soul. Every foul a little more red gets filled in until it spills over and Red Mist escapes through his nose.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
cant blame barnes, such a good player. some people on here know f*** all about football. barnes played well 2day. didnt really have any chances

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
I like to think of it as more of a fundraiser totaliser like on Blue Peter - only running through his soul. Every foul a little more red gets filled in until it spills over and Red Mist escapes through his nose.

...and onto the card he'll get, because he can't express it without really overdoing it. And then we won't see him for three games. God I can't stand it.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Really do need a quality striker as im sure we could have won many games much more comfortably:shrug:

It looks like barnes will score once for every 10 quality chances,but he's young and is a great prospect.:thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Will somebody who is moaning we haven't got a 20 season striker please tell me who this quality striker we should be signings name??

Sep 1, 2010
I think we f*** about too much at the back as well as needing to strengthen up front, If we do not get LuaLua back in Jan or keep him fit, we are mid-table at best, just not clinical enough up front although it does not help have a Cun*smouth as a referee

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
cant blame barnes, such a good player. some people on here know f*** all about football. barnes played well 2day. didnt really have any chances

Off top of head without thinking too much

1st half

Ball across and free to hit ball with goal to aim at

2nd half

tried to chest down when should of headed in
the mis control which would of been a certain goal

And general play from him today was poor I'm afraid.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that Barnes is getting into the correct posiutions but his finishing isnt clinical enough and I wonder how long Gus will perservere with him and hope that he will start hitting the net. We need an old fashioned 6 yd box poacher on loan preferably from a chgampionship or Premiership club who is not their first choice. They are both too old but a Geoff Horsfield or Duggie Freedman type player.

What is Jeremie Allidiere doing now. Which club is he with if any?

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
I think that Barnes is getting into the correct posiutions but his finishing isnt clinical enough and I wonder how long Gus will perservere with him and hope that he will start hitting the net. We need an old fashioned 6 yd box poacher on loan preferably from a chgampionship or Premiership club who is not their first choice. They are both too old but a Geoff Horsfield or Duggie Freedman type player.

What is Jeremie Allidiere doing now. Which club is he with if any?

Damaged knee ligaments while on trial at West Ham.

Doubt we could afford his wages.

21 goals in 150 apperances. 0.14 goals a game thow at a higher level.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Off top of head without thinking too much

1st half

Ball across and free to hit ball with goal to aim at

2nd half

tried to chest down when should of headed in
the mis control which would of been a certain goal

And general play from him today was poor I'm afraid.

dont know what chance you mean in the first half. agree second half chance he should of headed, but you dont say about his 30 yarder that just went over or the fact that he can hold the ball up well. i had a mate go to the game today and it was the first time he has seen barnes play and he was full of praise for his movement and hold up play. i think ashley is going to be a very good player for us and im sure GP does too. we dont see the players everyday in training ect. we are top of the league by 3 points ( which i agree should be 7 or 5 really) so gus is doing somthing right, but im sure you are a better manager than him.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I know Walt gets plenty of stick sometimes, and I frequently disagree with him.

On this occasion however, I think he is bang on. I came away from the game thinking the same thing.

I think Barnes is a good player and I think he'll develop into an excellent striker, but at the moment he is simply missing too many chances. I still think we will finish in the top 6, however if we don't get a striker I think it will cost us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here