Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we do go down?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The thought of League 1 football sends shivers down my spine.

It is summed in 3 chilling words, Johnstone's Paint Trophy.

lol very true. I have two other words too, Crawley Town. Providing they avoid relegation, could you really ever have imagined the two clubs playing in the same division?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Bradford seem to be not a bad side after beating Chelsea and Sunderland. Seriously, think it will be like Wolves who went straight back up and are doing well this season.

matbha

Apr 13, 2014

Cant face that again , had my fill of it ,if we go down I fear for us ,we deserve a good championship side ,love TB and all he has done for BHA ,but whats going on in his head ,surely going down would be a finance disaster.but he could build his hotel !:)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we go down it will set us back at least 2 years, probably more like 4 or 5 to get back to being a Championship playoff team.

Stay up, and with a very good summer transfer window, we can limit it to just 1 wasted season.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Will we go down? With the games left to play, we woukd have to improve a lot to stay up. Looking at our fixtures, the next three games seem crucial. After that it gets tougher.

Will we come straight back? Well we're not going to be able to do it with the nucleus of the same team. Too many are too old, or likely to move on. We would have to build up again and with our recent recruitment record that could be scary. I think we'd most likely spend two years in L1.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Who knows? My Sheff U mate thought they would bounce straight back now he thinks just challenging for a play off spot is success. No God given right and all that

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Stay up, and with a very good summer transfer window, we can limit it to just 1 wasted season.

I guess it comes down to the definition of "wasted season". I would say that it will have been wasted seasons until we are once again finishing in the top 6 of the Championship. Taking that as the definition, I think that, even if we do stay up, we're at least 3 windows (summer, Jan, summer) away from having a squad that can realistically be expected to challenge - we just have too many holes to fill to get it done sooner.

Regarding relegation this season, I'm nowhere near as confident as others on this thread that we'll escape. It's about 50/50 for me atm. :nono:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

And the phrase "Welcome to the FA Cup first round proper"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We have three, three!, quality League 1 strikers.

One is out of contract, do you think we'll be able to hang on to the other two? I think we'd sell them and rely on youth from the Development squad to save on the MILLIONS AND MILLIONS that the club would lose from relegation. We'd probably be told that we bought twice as many pies though :thumbsup:

SAC

May 21, 2014
It's said that the table doesn't lie and I have to agree with this. Millwall, Wigan and Blackpool will be relegated this season. The only team who (IMO) have a chance is Wigan who have some experience in fighting relegation but being nine points behind and eight goals down I think they have probably left it too late.

There wont be a relegation but if there was I agree with most on here that it could take a few seasons to recover from it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm glad you are confident, but have you seen the league table? We aren't scoring much. I hope you are right obviously. SAFC will be ok though, Defoe will score the goals for you.

We've scored 7 goals in the last 3 homes matches, including Arsenal. Set up defensively away from home to keep a clean sheet, try to win at home.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
You are placing a significant hope on Millwall remaining more sh1t than us to be that certain.

Personally, I think it will be Us, Wigan and Blackpool that go - simply because I don't think we will score enough goals.

We're going on an unbeaten run now. Starting with 9 points from Birmingham, Leeds and Bolton.

It'll all look different at the end of February.

cotchy999

Feb 10, 2015
Get there on saturday and see us win 3 0 then leeds 2 1 bolton 1 0 be a nice few points in the bag loyal fans get behind ur

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You are placing a significant hope on Millwall remaining more sh1t than us to be that certain.

Personally, I think it will be Us, Wigan and Blackpool that go - simply because I don't think we will score enough goals.

I think it will be Rotherham, Wigan & Blackpool. I've got nothing to back that up, only an opinion. I think Millwall will do enough to escape.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here