Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] If Trossard starts against England

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Lukaku’s game in recent seasons in not built on pace, yet he skinned the awful Dier.

Belgium are cutting through us at will, the defence is terrible all over.

Experts always say that WC snd EC winners have great defences. Sorry, but until we get a bunch of world class defenders, we definitely won’t repeat 1966.

A.Cole, Campbell, Ferdinand and Terry were miles better than this lot in defending.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Right back at LWB, Walker at CB, 5 at the back against a team that’s weakness is its defence & 2 centre halves who turn like oil tankers :lolol:

Southgate continues to exceed himself tactically.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Personally, I’m hoping Southgate keeps his job for quite a while.
Only because I think the FA may be seriously looking at Graham Potter as his replacement.
And let’s face it, we’re not likely to win any tournaments any time soon.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
What a shit show.

Solly March would be better at LWB than the shit on display this evening but Ashworth broke Gareth’s tender heart and he doesn’t pick Brighton players anymore.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Only because I think the FA may be seriously looking at Graham Potter as his replacement.

I am of this opinion too, its not that far fetched. Look at Southgate's managerial credentials.

Thats why i am always ' come on England' oh & because i am English & patriotic.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
It’s an odd thing to pick players for England and play them out of position. Never understood that’s at all.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I wonder if GP is watching this....if so, would love to hear his uncensored thoughts on Southgate’s selection and tactics.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I understand playing the wing back system if you have the players for it and the players are used to it but when you’re playing 2 oil tankers and a right back at CB then a RB at LWB it makes an already alien 5-3-2 system even more difficult to play. Three right backs in one team FFS

We don’t have width, there’s huge gaps between the attack and the defence with no link up midfield player and we are outnumbered in midfield. All we have at the moment is a hoof forward or playing in front of Belgium.

All this stuff was evident from the match against Wales, we certainly didn’t play well in that game 3-0 just puts a plaster over a poor system and performance against a awful team.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
It’s an odd thing to pick players for England and play them out of position. Never understood that’s at all.
I realise that is what Potter does at club level but Southgate has a plethora of players in certain positions to pick from.........Dumbass

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Scholes on the left.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Football in general in recent seasons, has followed a pattern.

Counter attacking teams who sit back in big numbers suffocating the life of possession based teams, cutting through the slower team at will when opportunities arise. The team forcing play punished.

Belgium are the counter attackers, we’re the slow possession based team. Belgium simply aren’t bothered about that.

Dreaming that one day we can play that game too.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Alf Ramsey never picked the 11 best English players, and then played some out of position just to fit the system, he picked the best 11 players to fit his system, hence Jack Charlton, who admitted himself, wasn’t the best central defender played a pivotal role.
Southgate picks out of form players, and then plays them out of position. How Grealish isn’t in this 11, and Mount is, I fail to understand.

And don’t get me started about Maguire, Dier by name, and Pickford.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here