Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Tommy goes to Palace, Bennett to Norwich, Murray to scunthorpe. A big club LOL!!!!

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
You are missing 8-10,000 on your attendances, Sharpe, from your stay in the top flight (that is one third). Will they not be welcome back?

In the year 2000, Sheffield United's average attendance fell to 13,700. Pitiful for such a big club. Seems their fans are not as loyal as Sharpe would like to think they are.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Fans are loyal, bha fans are not. FFS you have a stadium back in the city and STILL bha fans fail to support their team. One poster said earlier that fans have stayed away because of the stadium. They are no more fans of bha than the prawn sandwich brigade who sit in the boxes week on week in the premiership.

Surely you must not want them back.

Also why do we have the best away support in league one then if we have such poor support hehe, also i remember when we played in championship and i saw wolves and sheff utd fans said we had the best and most vocal away support. Forget that do you.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
The tickets for their upcoming game with Norwich at home start at £22, cheaper than ANY adult ticket at Withdean, in a league below and far far worse surroundings to watch your football. To say that BHA fans are not loyal is something i cannot, and will not comprehend. Luckily, I surpassed the Gillingham era given my age at the time and so didnt really know much about what was going on, but then that also meant i missed the Goldstone years.
The history of this club shows the crowds it can attain. How anyone can knock our support given what we've put up with in the last few years more a less makes your opinion invalid. Anyway, with Micky in charge at your gaff, if we can carry on our current form i doubt we'll be visiting Brammall lane anytime soon.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Fans are loyal, bha fans are not. FFS you have a stadium back in the city and STILL bha fans fail to support their team. One poster said earlier that fans have stayed away because of the stadium. They are no more fans of bha than the prawn sandwich brigade who sit in the boxes week on week in the premiership.

Surely you must not want them back.

Thanks for caring Mr Blunt. :rolleyes:

fuckoff.jpg

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
f*** me, says something about the state of football in Sussex, if the largest team not only in brighton, but sussex, get an average crowd of 6-7000, and can't even fill a ground with a capaciity of 8000 ish'

We're a satellite of London I'm afraid, competing with bigger clubs like Chelsea and Arsenal; just like you're a satellite of Yorkshire, competing with the bigger clubs like Wednesday, Leeds and Hull.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
And another thing Brother Blade - your celebrity fan ruined 2 of the best series of books I've ever read when they were made into film. Mercifully, he got the part of Boromir in LOTR so was killed off in the first film. But I cringe watching him trying to act in Sharpe as a bit of Yorkshire ruff (aka thick northern muppet). He's just so bloody terrible, the man can't act!! Even now on Yesterday channel I can't stand to watch it, I'd rather sit through a box set of America's next top model with the bonus bulimic special discs. Thankfully he's been found out and has now found his level in parts along side that other english thesp - Danny Dyer.

To summarise, anyone wanting to associate with Sean Bean is an utter bell end in my book. And that's you, that is.:tosser:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
:lolol: Surely even the most blinkered bha fan can see the definition of a big club will never encompass the words "brighton and hove albion"

Why have you built a 20K stadium, when your average gate is around 6500-7K?

Have supporters honestly being staying away because you play at a race track, and will re-emerge when you to the university sitr?:lolol::laugh:
and IF me nan had bollocks she'd be my grandad

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Also another thing these are the rumours i would have thought that the only possibility is Tommy Elphick leaving but be shocked if we sold to Palace, i cant see Bennett going to Norwich unless its for like 4 million, also no way would Murray goto Scunthorpe, so 2 of the players you said leaving no chance.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
The tickets for their upcoming game with Norwich at home start at £22, cheaper than ANY adult ticket at Withdean, in a league below and far far worse surroundings to watch your football. To say that BHA fans are not loyal is something i cannot, and will not comprehend. Luckily, I surpassed the Gillingham era given my age at the time and so didnt really know much about what was going on, but then that also meant i missed the Goldstone years.
The history of this club shows the crowds it can attain. How anyone can knock our support given what we've put up with in the last few years more a less makes your opinion invalid. Anyway, with Micky in charge at your gaff, if we can carry on our current form i doubt we'll be visiting Brammall lane anytime soon.

SPOT ON

What i dont understand is why a blade (sheff utd) is on here not only viewing this site but commenting on it.

Maybe he is upset that he wont be able to visit the amex next season.
Well not unless he becomes a doncaster fan.

On the brightside you will have a game against the biggest club in sheffield,
sorry 2 games.:amex::amex::amex:

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Question for this errant blade fan, who will have more season ticket holders next season - Sheff Utd or Brighton? Care to wager £25 that we will have more?? No doubt you'll need to raid your benefits money or visit quickquid.co.uk to honour the bet? :lolol:

I'm a little sorry to see so many of ours getting on Mickey Adams' back, to be honest.
I certainly wasn't a fan of his for his second tenure, but much as I disliked his management last time round I don't think he really had a completely free slate to work on either. Still there's a lot of light shining through from his previous achievements at Brighton from his first Albion management stint.
He's done well at Vale and I've thought "good luck to him" there. I'm having difficulty wishing failure on him at SUFC.
Is there any reason I missed, to do so?

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
It amuses me that we get lots of non Brighton fans coming onto this board saying we're shit, not going up, such a small club, we're insignificant etc etc, BUT we must be doing something right otherwise why would they bother coming here in the first place :shrug:

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
Please don`t feed the troll.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I'm a little sorry to see so many of ours getting on Mickey Adams' back, to be honest.
I certainly wasn't a fan of his for his second tenure, but much as I disliked his management last time round I don't think he really had a completely free slate to work on either. Still there's a lot of light shining through from his previous achievements at Brighton from his first Albion management stint.
He's done well at Vale and I've thought "good luck to him" there. I'm having difficulty wishing failure on him at SUFC.
Is there any reason I missed, to do so?

Agreed but they have MA mark 2.....................we enjoyed MA mark 1......a far different beast

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Rochdale: 304
Walsall: 261
MK Dons: 274
Oldham: 152
Brentford: 207
Bournemouth: 478
Yeovil: 112
Exeter: 197
Bristol Rovers: 268
Charlton: 854

Charlton apart, they're all really selling out their 900 allocation for the league games aren't they?

Charlton actually sold out their allocation but 40 of them didn't turn up for the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here