Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Tommy goes to Palace, Bennett to Norwich, Murray to scunthorpe. A big club LOL!!!!

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
:lolol: Surely even the most blinkered bha fan can see the definition of a big club will never encompass the words "brighton and hove albion"

Why have you built a 20K stadium, when your average gate is around 6500-7K?

Have supporters honestly being staying away because you play at a race track, and will re-emerge when you to the university sitr?:lolol::laugh:
Its not you is it Micky?
Move on

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I stand corrected, Sheff Utd are a bonafide big club. Their average attendance so far this season is 20,717, their highest crowd just over 22k.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
So Palace are buying our reserves and Sheffield United have taken our cast off manager. Surely that makes us a bigger club than both of those two.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
:lolol: Surely even the most blinkered bha fan can see the definition of a big club will never encompass the words "brighton and hove albion"

Have supporters honestly being staying away because you play at a race track, and will re-emerge when you to the university sitr?:lolol::laugh:

1. Who ever said we were a 'big club'?

2. These days every league game is pretty much a sell-out (in the home end). The reason why our average is about 1k below the stadiums full capacity is because most teams only bring about 200 fans.

3. Yes, supporters have been staying away because we play at a race track. And yes, quite a few will re-emerge when we go to the 'university site'.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010

And if they all stay put we'll be in the championsip next year replacing you. That is all.

Dec 29, 2010
Micky Adams :lolol: Now that's ambition. How is it that even playing in a shitty athletics track for the last decade or so we've still managed to attract some of the biggest names in football management while you...

Sorry your right, now lets see: martin hinshelwood, bob booker, mark maghoo, russell slade, dean wilkins, steve gritt, jeff wood.............All world cup winning material..LOL

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
f*** me, says something about the state of football in Sussex, if the largest team not only in brighton, but sussex, get an average crowd of 6-7000, and can't even fill a ground with a capaciity of 8000 ish'

I take it you are confident then that if Sheffield United played 70 miles from Sheffield for two years and then at a converted athletics stadium for 12 years you would get more? I assume not.

Also, I don't understand why a Sheffield United fan would bother with this. If you are such a big club, why bother coming on to a Brighton messageboard to abuse us? It is pathetic.

Dec 29, 2010
These days every league game is pretty much a sell-out (in the home end). The reason why our average is about 1k below the stadiums full capacity is because most teams only bring about 200 fans.

Joking aside that comment is nonsense, the away fans get roughly 8-900 tickets, and quite a few teams over the years have more or less filled that, and you still fail to tough the 7000 mark, that is a fact.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
These days every league game is pretty much a sell-out (in the home end). The reason why our average is about 1k below the stadiums full capacity is because most teams only bring about 200 fans.

Joking aside that comment is nonsense, the away fans get roughly 8-900 tickets, and quite a few teams over the years have more or less filled that, and you still fail to tough the 7000 mark, that is a fact.

I assume you mean 'touch. That is not a fact. We have surpassed the 7,000 mark in the last five league games.

Dec 29, 2010
I take it you are confident then that if Sheffield United played 70 miles from Sheffield for two years and then at a converted athletics stadium for 12 years you would get more? I assume not.

Also, I don't understand why a Sheffield United fan would bother with this. If you are such a big club, why bother coming on to a Brighton messageboard to abuse us? It is pathetic.

Fans are loyal, bha fans are not. FFS you have a stadium back in the city and STILL bha fans fail to support their team. One poster said earlier that fans have stayed away because of the stadium. They are no more fans of bha than the prawn sandwich brigade who sit in the boxes week on week in the premiership.

Surely you must not want them back.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Fans are loyal, bha fans are not. FFS you have a stadium back in the city and STILL bha fans fail to support their team. One poster said earlier that fans have stayed away because of the stadium. They are no more fans of bha than the prawn sandwich brigade who sit in the boxes week on week in the premiership.

Surely you must not want them back.

Why not. As I said before, until you have played at an equivalent of Gillingham for two years and an equivalent of Withdean for twelve, you can't comment. Withdean is an awful ground to watch football and fans will come back in the short term, whether they stay will depend on the team.

Also, I am still intrigued why a fan of a "big club" like Sheffield United would bother trying to wind fans of "such a small club".

Yoda

English & European

Rochdale: 304
Walsall: 261
MK Dons: 274
Oldham: 152
Brentford: 207
Bournemouth: 478
Yeovil: 112
Exeter: 197
Bristol Rovers: 268
Charlton: 854

Charlton apart, they're all really selling out their 900 allocation for the league games aren't they?

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
f*** me, says something about the state of football in Sussex, if the largest team not only in brighton, but sussex, get an average crowd of 6-7000, and can't even fill a ground with a capaciity of 8000 ish'

Your only commenting because something about our club has got up your goat, trust me and i think you know that Brighton is a big city and was the most visited in england last year tourist wise, outside of london, and we moving to Falmer next year, you can say all you want now but your going to have egg in your face next season and years ahead when we go above you as a club.
have you ever thought that Withdean is a poor stadium and only fills a cetain amount of people hmm no, but you just watch our sharpe the blade our club is going forwards and yours is going backwards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here