Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If there's a qualified referee in the stadium would he please make himself known

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
After last night, what is the best PA announcement you have heard at a football stadium??

Probably the best one I have ever heard, especially after the ref made such a big blunder which luckily didnt lead to a Peterborough goal.

I seem to remember one at Withdean in its early years which was something along the lines of "Congratulations to Mr ___, your wife has just given birth to a baby girl, who weighed in at 7lb 6oz"

Who would chose Albion over the birth of their child??? (but that could go on that other binfest of a thread)

Yoda

English & European
Not the best but at smellhurst after the 5-0 drubbing, "Brighton fans you will be kept behind after the match for 30 minutes, Palace fans, you'll be pleased to know that the local pubs have now stocked up on bottled bear." or something along those lines.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
craven cottage cant remember the year,Would the owner of vehicle registration Blah blah blah please return to your vehicle as it has been removed !!! wtf :ohmy:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
"Could everyone please stay off the pitch so Sam and the lads can do a lap of honour". Not that I heard it myself

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
i went to a finn harps game with the wife back just before we got married so a few years back and over their very sub standard pa system, mid way through the first half came a message for John that his wife had left all of his belongings in the reception and has had the locks changed.

nice woman.

oh and a preseason leeds game in sweden they asked if someone could come and claim the donkey that was in the officials car park.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I seem to remember an announcer got the sack because he made the following announcement at the start of the second half after Uriah Rennie (sp) had had a particular poor game (even by his standards).

Announcer " ... and welcome back to the Uriah Rennie show ... "

... and yes he got the sack, the announcer that is not Uriah .... unfortunately

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
what happened to the ref, couldnt see him being injured he just seemed to leave

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
I loved the one in the Palace 5-0 drubbing when Dougie Freedman scored and it was disallowed, but for some reason the PA didnt seem to pick up that very obvious fact.

There he was, launching into his routine - and the goalscorer is blah blah blah Dougie Freedman, DOUGIE ......

Even the Palace fans were too embarrassed to join in with the surname.

Bout the only good thing from the game though.

Not the best but at smellhurst after the 5-0 drubbing, "Brighton fans you will be kept behind after the match for 30 minutes, Palace fans, you'll be pleased to know that the local pubs have now stocked up on bottled bear." or something along those lines.

In the same game, having had a second goal disallowed, a free kick taken and play continuing in front of over 20,000.......

from the PA out booms "Glad All Over" and an identifying call of the "scorer of palace's second goal....Dougie Freeeman.........Freeeeeeman!!!!", to much hilarity all round as play carried on.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
The announcer at a BSP ground last season, possibly Stevenage, said "this is now a non smoking stadium, anyone caught smoking in the ground will be taken out into the car park and shot".

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
After a particularly crap first half in a game at the Goldstone, the PA came crackling into life then conked out. After a few seconds it came back on to work properly. and Tony Millard announced 'hmmm, sorry about that, the PA isn't bothering to work either.'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here