Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If there's a qualified referee in the stadium would he please make himself known

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
i went to a finn harps game with the wife back just before we got married so a few years back and over their very sub standard pa system, mid way through the first half came a message for John that his wife had left all of his belongings in the reception and has had the locks changed.

nice woman.

You could hear that between the constant, constant requests for Pat the Cope to go the clubhouse and the owner of 91-DL-768 to move it as its blocking the ambulance at the River End? :ohmy:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I was at Peterborough sometime in the 1970s (before 4th officials) and the ref got injured and had to be replaced by a linesman. They announced "Is there a Class 3 referee in the ground?" and a member of the public took over the line.

Odd that it's happened twice at Peterborough now.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I vaguely remember a game (in the 70s) when one of the officials got injured and Jimmy Hill took over as a linesman. It was on TV (MoTD?) at the time.

Mr Apples

Jack Scrumpy
Aug 9, 2007
In The Orchard
In the days of the early rounds of the League Cup being over two legs, Fulham had lost the first leg 10-0 at Liverpool.

Before the 2nd leg, the PA bloke said, "In the event of the aggregate scores being level after 90 minutes, half an hour's extra time will be played"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here