Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If there was any manager you could choose....

larus

Assume you are hugely wealthy, you'd bought out Tony and you are in charge of the Albion.

Next, assume that you could choose any manager, and they would want to come here.

Who would you choose?

I was thinking this and I can honestly say that I wouldn't take another manager - not 'the special one', Ferguson, Wenger.

I've never thought that before about a Brighton manager.

I'm sure we'll have down times in the future, but at the moment it just feels so good.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Gus has got a lot to prove, but his made an outstanding start to his managerial career. I think people would be out of their minds if they wouldn't take Sir Alex over Poyet, that man would guarantee success.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Agreed. He is the perfect fit for us just now. The question that always interests me (albeit in a very depressing way) is who would we get to replace him if he left? I reckon Di Matteo or Robinson at MK would be in the running...

larus

Gus has got a lot to prove, but his made an outstanding start to his managerial career. I think people would be out of their minds if they wouldn't take Sir Alex over Poyet, that man would guarantee success.

I must be mad then. I don't like him; in fact I despise him. Nasty peice of work and has done it my spending shed-loads of money. Poyet has improved players by coaching/motivating/inspiring. Just my opinion, like.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Due to the age factor I wouldnt consider Sir Alex or Wenger so it would be staright choice between Gus and Jose Mourinhio and Gus woudl win. I dont think that it will happen for a few years but I dread to think of what will happen when he does go and who could possibly replace him. I don't think there is an obvious like for like replacement about at the moment but by the time he leaves there may be.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I must be mad then. I don't like him; in fact I despise him. Nasty peice of work and has done it my spending shed-loads of money. Poyet has improved players by coaching/motivating/inspiring. Just my opinion, like.

I disagree

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Taking Gus out of the equation, I would go for Vilas Boas. He is a seriously good manager, if he did not have to deal with the politics at Chelsea he would be a great success, all the time he has to play £50m strikers who can't score and aging 'England legends' he will find it hard but he will come good in the end.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit

sir alex has only a year or two left due to age, so only an idiot would choose him .......

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Anyone taking the job after Gustavo would be met with much scepticism by BHA fans I would have thought, because at the moment his shoes (well to me anyway) seem impossible to fill. The players we are attracting are obviously in part due to the stadium and our 'success' but Gus's overall character and ability to talk the talk is what has enabled us to sign players of the calibre of CMS and Vincente when other bigger clubs were circling, as well as holding onto players like Calderon.

For me if Gus left there would be only one name and that would be Russell Slade.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
You have to remember that MK Dons are far better than last years winners so their manager Robinson must be good!!!!

Good call, if we put aside that idiotic claim by one of their players, not Robinson himself. They play the right way and have been relatively successful considering the reduced playing budget last season. When Gus goes we could definitely do worse than Robinson.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009

I suspect this is a wind up but Poyet instantly made a difference when he took over the Albion. It took Fergie years, credit to the Utd. board for sticking with him though as I'm sure the axe was looming over him on a few occasions.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
If not Gus, then there could only be one other choice in terms of style and approach to the game - Pep Guardiola

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I suspect this is a wind up but Poyet instantly made a difference when he took over the Albion. It took Fergie years, credit to the Utd. board for sticking with him though as I'm sure the axe was looming over him on a few occasions.

Poyet had to turn around a team in the third tier of English football, Sir Alex had to do it with intese pressure on him from the word go. Also in Sir Alex's first job in football he took a provincial Scottish team to greatness on a shoestring budget.

I am in no way belittling Poyets feats, he has been fantastic so far and will go on to be a top manager, but will he achieve what Sir Alex has achieved?? No way Jose.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Poyet had to turn around a team in the third tier of English football, Sir Alex had to do it with intese pressure on him from the word go. Also in Sir Alex's first job in football he took a provincial Scottish team to greatness on a shoestring budget.

I am in no way belittling Poyets feats, he has been fantastic so far and will go on to be a top manager, but will he achieve what Sir Alex has achieved?? No way Jose.

East Stirlingshire?

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
I genuinely don't see how the last year and a half could have gone any better. Poyet is definitely the man for me

I really still can't believe how the team play has improved since Mr. Poyet was given the job. The team has improved immeasurably, and I for one, hope he his here for many years to come! :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here