Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If the unbelievable happened and we got into the playoffs

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The Laughing Bluebird said:
Nope. After 34 games Palace had 50 points and were 9th.
What is your source Bluetit? I often wonder where you get you facts from? Rothmans?

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Beach Hut said:
Yes, criteria is a 6K all seated stadium

Where did you get this from BH (link?)

I have been searching The Fa & Premier League sites for info on ground criteria and I cant find anything

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Simster said:
What is your source Bluetit? I often wonder where you get you facts from? Rothmans?

I've got hundreds (literally) of football history books in the house which I use for reference, but more often than not my source for something like this would be the net.

The Footymad sites all have a results history section at the top of the page. You can click on the tables for the relevant dates. This time last year we were beating Sunderland 4-0 at Ninian and Palace were on 50 points from 34 games, 9th in the table and just 2 points off the play-offs. Cardiff were 11th.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Paddy B said:
Where did you get this from BH (link?)

I have been searching The Fa & Premier League sites for info on ground criteria and I cant find anything

No idea what link but was posted in "official garb" last time this was discussed (which was not that long ago :lolol: )

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I thought the only criteria set on grounds was for when you join the Football League. Maybe that's where the restriction comes in. Otherwise, providing Withdean meets all the safety criteria, there's nothing to stop us. Be interested to hear if that's wrong though.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Martin Perry has said on the radio a couple of times now that the only thing that would need to be done to Withdean to comply with Premier League stadium requirements is that the floodlights would need upgrading.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
IMHO one single week in the bottom play-off position could be used for massive effect to make a political point about a new stadium i.e. if we are capable of being in contention for a spot in the Premiership (the league tables don't lie as we're always being told) then we have an urgent and pressing need for a stadium capable of hosting Premiership matches.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Beach Hut said:
No idea what link but was posted in "official garb" last time this was discussed (which was not that long ago :lolol: )

If only the search facility wasnt disabled I could look for the previous thread.

Grrrr...

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
i think they said you need 9000 minimum

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
just on SCR harty said it so i belived it.. if it was we would have to share with a team with a bigger stadium.. like Charlton or Southapmton

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There is no way the club would leave Withdean if Falmer was under construction and we (by a miracle) got in the Premiership.

It would validate the reasons for Falmer playing Premiership games at Withdean.

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
The Playoffs aren't a pipe dream....

Check the form over the last 10 Home & Away games......

my.php

:clap2:

???

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
We have finished well for the past 5 seasons,so anything is possible but un-likely.:lolol:

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Let's face it. Would you really want to go to Cardiff again. It tooks us over 5 hours to get out.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
mrhairy said:
Let's face it. Would you really want to go to Cardiff again. It tooks us over 5 hours to get out.
was well worth it :clap:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
SCR said it was 10000 and we would probably have to groundshare with someone like Portsmouth. Don't know what their source was though.

Last edited:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Simster said:
If it did happen, would you rather we played our home games at Withdean (home advantage and all that) or say Craven Cottage or The Valley where more of our fans would get the chance to see the side?
The Valley's only five minutes down the road from me. That would be cool!! :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here