Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If the unbelievable happened and we got into the playoffs

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
As we stand this is not a remote possiblility, we are only 10 points off and there are some very strange results around at the moment...Reading Cov for example. anyway if we did get into the playoffs and then won them, as Palace did last year, would the Premier League allow us to play our home games at Withdean?

I thought the prem League is run by the FA and the Championship, the football League...if so are there different rules re grounds?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
dave the gaffer said:
As we stand this is not a remote possiblility, we are only 10 points off and there are some very strange results around at the moment...Reading Cov for example. anyway if we did get into the playoffs and then won them, as Palace did last year, would the Premier League allow us to play our home games at Withdean?

I thought the prem League is run by the FA and the Championship, the football League...if so are there different rules re grounds?

Pretty sure it is capacity has to be 6000 and the ground must be all seater within 2 years of entering the Premier League.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Dear oh dear how many times has this been debated :jester:

D

Deleted User X18H

Simster said:
Absolutely no chance of it happening, dave! We'd need to win 10 of our last 12 games.
just think about saying that five maybe six years ago (we need to win 10 of our last 12 games (to get into the play offs for promotion to the Premiership)

...............................:ohmy: :ohmy:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Just think about poor old Cambridge and Kidderminster...

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Croydonbloke said:

He did say if the unbelievable happened. It was an hypothetical question. Just like are Palarse going to stay up? We all know the answer but sometimes you still ask the question.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is there anywhere that shows the standings in this division for this week last year?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Lokki 7 said:
It's nice to dream though isn't it.

And wouldn't it be a laugh if it happened

I'm sitting here picturing Andy Gray climbing into the TV gantry with all of his computer wizardry under his arm for our appearance on Monday Night Football

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Downloaded Penguin said:
Just think about poor old Cambridge and Kidderminster...

Do you remember going to Cambrige in the 1st game after the 3rd division championship and thinking 0.0 was a great result (which it was at the time). How times change

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Stinky Kat said:
Do you remember going to Cambrige in the 1st game after the 3rd division championship and thinking 0.0 was a great result (which it was at the time). How times change

Yes I do - Dodge got a red as well.

Good day out.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If it did happen, would you rather we played our home games at Withdean (home advantage and all that) or say Craven Cottage or The Valley where more of our fans would get the chance to see the side?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Simster said:
If it did happen, would you rather we played our home games at Withdean (home advantage and all that) or say Craven Cottage or The Valley where more of our fans would get the chance to see the side?

Home is home wherever that is.

Wouldn't advocate moving grounds just fleece the loyal fans :(

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Croydonbloke said:

At this point last year didnt Palace have less points than us at the moment?

Whilst I know it has been debated, I dont think I can recall a definitive answer. is Withdean allowable or not? That was the question.

and of course it is a dream, but wouldn't that be some story....Rising from the ashes to Premiership football!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yes, criteria is a 6K all seated stadium

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
dave the gaffer said:
At this point last year didnt Palace have less points than us at the moment?

Nope. After 34 games Palace had 50 points and were 9th.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here