Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"If the fans want Brighton to change our style of play.."

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Poyet had already been upset by the officials' handling of a first-half incident, when the Bournemouth striker Michael Symes caught Tommy Elphick in the face with an elbow. Symes was booked. "It was either a red or nothing," Poyet said. "I don't accept yellow. That's something that referees give thinking they can make everyone happy. Bollocks!"

lol

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Watching from the comfort of my sofa I was quietly pleased with our style of play. Keeping the ball and sideways passing limited the third-placed side in our division to no attempts on target (penalty aside).

What frustrates is when a period of patient build-up is indeed reduced to a hopeless punt up field by one of the centre-backs. If you're going to hoof it do it quickly; if you're going to pass it around wait for the right opportunity.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Personally I love it. Maybe a few cheering when El Abd passes to Elphick would drown out some of the sighs?!

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
I love the way we are playing under Gus. All the fans booing can do one as far as I am concerned. Bunch of :tosser:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
what fans booing...I never heard fans booing...I did at one point shout at Tommy to pass the ball down the line to Calderon who was free and instead he passed it back ( aimlessly followed a hump upfield by Ankerhan) Yes I sighed, but nothing else

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
I fear the mindless morons who moan at us retaining the ball and patient build up play will make it easy for Gus to walk away. People have such short memories. If long hoofs up the pitch is what people want to see then they should start goin to non league games or watch rugby.

Passing is the future and I love it. Anyone who sits near me and moans about us passing it will get put in their place sharpish and I suggest everyone does the same. Lets shut the idiots up once and for all.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Many on here have said it,so I'll bore people by saying it again:we have a lot of possession,pace in Bennett and LuaLua,but too often no finish.If Gus can address that,then we're in with a bit of a chance,even with the dire reffing standards we saw today.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I love brighton with a passion, but some of our supporters are just embarrassing. Booing passing football, jeering people leaving early and the tantrums about a bad refereeing decision are just amazing. they happen in every sport in every country around the world. Get over it!! or don't watch sport.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
If I try to look at this objectively then maybe the sceptics feel that its our worst 2 ball players that are doing the majority of the playing and also alot of the time it results in the ball going back to caspar who then plays it up field.

Its not my opinion I love the way things are going and am quitely confident of a top 6 place come the end of the season.

Stinky Pete

Aug 31, 2009
London
I'm surrounded by people moaning by the passing. But it's the same people who moan when we go direct. I bloody love keep ball. Flicky Flicky all the way xx

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
If I try to look at this objectively then maybe the sceptics feel that its our worst 2 ball players that are doing the majority of the playing and also alot of the time it results in the ball going back to caspar who then plays it up field.

Yes, you've hit the nail on the head.

Absolutely nothing wrong with keeping possession, but the passing between El-Abd and Elphick today most often didn't go anywhere. Having said that, credit to them that they didn't make any serious mistakes passing it back and forth.

When openings were available in midfield, the pass often wasn't made. That was what was frustrating, not the fact they weren't hoofing it up front all the time. From where I was, the groans were for when Elphick hit his long balls, because they were often inaccurate.

And yes, I too love to see the Albion play the possession game.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
what fans booing...I never heard fans booing...I did at one point shout at Tommy to pass the ball down the line to Calderon who was free and instead he passed it back ( aimlessly followed a hump upfield by Ankerhan) Yes I sighed, but nothing else

Don't kid yourself Granny. I was working this am so couldn't get to the game, so had to watch on TV - and there were load groans and shouts at times when the ball was being passed around the back.

The 'tards WILL NOT HOLD SWAY - we have to find a way to let Gus know the football neanderthals are in the minority.

FlownWest

Aug 10, 2010
Some people will always moan. I'm enjoying Gus' play style, personally I actually like to watch my team in possession rather than throwing it away constantly with crappy hoofball tactics.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
stunning. how can anyone not like the football on offer?

but isnt this the problem with the national side, vociferous numpty fans get on the backs of the players when they pass the ball around, so they revert to panic long ball.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

Its not my opinion I love the way things are going and am quitely confident of a top 6 place come the end of the season.
Precisely.

I definitely DO appreciate Gus' style of football and DON'T want to see us just belting it forward. But I can understamnd why some people get frustrated when this happens, the El-Abd, Elphick, Ankergren triangle that goes nowhere. This is not entirely their fault when teams like Bournemouth and Oldham's game plan is to pack the midfield and frustrate us, but we need to help them and find a way around it not expect the centrebacks to suddenly have the vision and accuracy of Gary Dicker.

Some people are just dimwits though.

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
i had to watch on thebox today.....and we were f***ing lovely. 63% posession at one point. We raped them. TV also showed that ref and lino were fuckin bellends. Lino was a major tool.

Gus has the football spot on. More importantly he has the mentality right. We know we are better than the other teams.

Only slight gripe is that we need to put teams to bed. Then, yes...the penalty may be debated,,,,but it won't be significant as we'll be out of sight.

Boo boys.....piss off you COCKHEADS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here