Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If the club and Poyet kiss and make up...

How will you feel if the club and Poyet kiss and make up?

• Happy - I trust Bloom and the project continues.

Votes: 307 58.7%
  • Unhappy - Poyet's shown his hand and will do so again sooner rather than later.

Votes: 140 26.8%
  • Fence

Votes: 76 14.5%

• Total voters

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Bozza has a habit of starting polls when there is a commonly stated suggestion that the fan base thinks one way, and he asks things in another way to test that belief. In this instance, we gt lots of people talking about how the majority of fans want rid of poyet.

By asking about keeping poyet in the context of the club choosing to, it tests the idea that people want poyet to go. That the idea of him staying if it was bloom's decision is only opposed by 26% of respondents suggests the brighton fan base isn't so anti gus as it is being suggested.

It's also just another poll to gauge how opinions are oscillating.

I think some fans are basing on simply not liking his football, and this is an excuse for the to hate on him without being scene as footballing relics. The people who crave 442, who want a plan b which is essentially, get it in the mixer, hit it long and let cms chase it. They only want it as a plan b, though, honestly!

I think there are some who are against him just because they are such delicate flowers, and if gus dares to be completely honest about his career ambitions, it's a sign of disloyalty, and they just can't handle it. That questioning the budget is questioning the club and that is equally as offensive to their delicate ears. They hype his comments beyond reason, a despondent suggestion hat he is uncertain of his future is presented as a rant, the idea that he would be interested in managing last season's champions league winners, top four premier league club stuffed with world class footballers if the opportunity arose even if it meant leaving championship side with a few league one players, somehow is a slur on our great club and is presented as him touting himself for every job if he dares acknowledges he has career goals.

It is getting more and more annoying to see his interviews hyped like this by fans who really need to get some perspective.

Can I get a hallelujah!? At last, someone shares my POV. Things get spun the way people want, I've never been that bothered by Poyet's quotes in the press, up until palace when I admit he wound me up. To some people though, anything other than a generic and transparent soundbite about being at the best club in the world, is mortally offensive. People need to grow up imo.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think some fans are basing on simply not liking his football, and this is an excuse for the to hate on him without being scene as footballing relics. The people who crave 442, who want a plan b which is essentially, get it in the mixer, hit it long and let cms chase it. They only want it as a plan b, though, honestly!

I think there are some who are against him just because they are such delicate flowers, and if gus dares to be completely honest about his career ambitions, it's a sign of disloyalty, and they just can't handle it. That questioning the budget is questioning the club and that is equally as offensive to their delicate ears. They hype his comments beyond reason, a despondent suggestion hat he is uncertain of his future is presented as a rant, the idea that he would be interested in managing last season's champions league winners, top four premier league club stuffed with world class footballers if the opportunity arose even if it meant leaving championship side with a few league one players, somehow is a slur on our great club and is presented as him touting himself for every job if he dares acknowledges he has career goals.

It is getting more and more annoying to see his interviews hyped like this by fans who really need to get some perspective.

Well put, and as I said - nothing factual.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
A massively important cup game. The biggest BHA game for many years. One team going into it full of confidence ( unbeaten in ten or so games ) and the other, with only one win in ten or so games. One team treated it like a one-off cup final and the other prepared for it like just another game.

So he got it wrong (although not that wrong - we weren't that bad were we? Things could easily have been different if Barnes's shot had gone in). But does one match undo what he's achieved in three and a half years? Do Watford fans think similarly of Zola because of their poor performance in the play-off final, in spite of everything he achieved there this season? Wouldn't be the first time a manager has got it wrong in a big match (can think of many examples involving Albion managers in the past). Our form towards the end of the season was absolutely superb, just fluffed it at the final hurdle. Very harsh to judge him on that one game, especially when competing against another manager with a lot of play-off experience.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

100% correct.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It would have been good for the poll to have an option - 'Trust Tony and back him, but have serious misgivings about Gus staying'

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It would have been good for the poll to have an option - 'Trust Tony and back him, but have serious misgivings about Gus staying'

But if you are trusting Tony how can you have misgivings? ie if Tony doesn't have misgivings and you do, then surely that means you don't trust his judgment?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
But if you are trusting Tony how can you have misgivings? ie if Tony doesn't have misgivings and you do, then surely that means you don't trust his judgment?

What is wrong with giving people that choice ???

I can only speak for myself, but as I trust Tony it is the only option I can vote for.

However, I don't want Poyet to stay at the club - and it seems that this inference is now being drawn from the poll results.

In any poll it is ridulous to link 2 subjects with one option, unless all other combinations are available.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Oh, I agree, but PP suggested that "exciting" names had been linked with us, but mostly I think they've been rather uninspiring. It would be absolutely typical, though, when something happens, that it is something or someone that nobody had predicted.

Again not wishing to start another debate, but if any of the rumours relating to:
Oscar
Luiz Enrique
RDM
Bergkamp & Brady management duo

Are in any way correct, then I would take them over Gus.

If it is Redknapp, D Ferguson, Pulis etc... then no.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Again not wishing to start another debate, but if any of the rumours relating to:
Oscar
Luiz Enrique
RDM
Bergkamp & Brady management duo

Are in any way correct, then I would take them over Gus.

If it is Redknapp, D Ferguson, Pulis etc... then no.

Seeing a couple of names on that list, I refer the honourable gentleman to my earlier answer.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
What is wrong with giving people that choice ???

I can only speak for myself, but as I trust Tony it is the only option I can vote for.

However, I don't want Poyet to stay at the club - and it seems that this inference is now being drawn from the poll results.

In any poll it is ridulous to link 2 subjects with one option, unless all other combinations are available.

Agree 100%. I trust bloom to make the decision he thinks is correct with all the facts in hand but would prefer poyet to go and trust bloom to get a suitable replacement.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I think some fans are basing on simply not liking his football, and this is an excuse for them to hate on him without being scene as footballing relics. The people who crave 442, who want a plan b which is essentially, get it in the mixer, hit it long and let cms chase it. They only want it as a plan b, though, honestly!

Now you know that that is not the case for many/most people don't you?

Having a Plan B means being able to adapt to what is happening on the pitch when the original plan isn't working-something that doesn't seem to have happened for 2 years once we've gone a goal down. Most successful managers have a Plan B which does not mean resorting to hoofball tactics but you already know that.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
So he got it wrong (although not that wrong - we weren't that bad were we? Things could easily have been different if Barnes's shot had gone in). But does one match undo what he's achieved in three and a half years? Do Watford fans think similarly of Zola because of their poor performance in the play-off final, in spite of everything he achieved there this season? Wouldn't be the first time a manager has got it wrong in a big match (can think of many examples involving Albion managers in the past). Our form towards the end of the season was absolutely superb, just fluffed it at the final hurdle. Very harsh to judge him on that one game, especially when competing against another manager with a lot of play-off experience.

Part of the problem is that we should have won the away leg. Dominated for most of the first half, missed chances and then sat deeper second half, allowing them to regain confidence. Pyschologically, I don't think they would have come back from a first leg deficit. The second leg did turn into a one-off game and Holloway was more skilled to win it.
It doesn't look as if we had the ideal preparation for the home game and the players certainly didn't play very well on the night.
I was looking for Gus to step up to the mark, to prove himself in the play-offs. We had high class experienced players but the opposition were hungrier than us. Thats a motivational matter and thats what really worries me.
I am in no doubt we would have beaten Watford at Wembley and thats why I'm pissed off. So near, so far.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Now you know that that is not the case for many/most people don't you?

Having a Plan B means being able to adapt to what is happening on the pitch when the original plan isn't working-something that doesn't seem to have happened for 2 years once we've gone a goal down. Most successful managers have a Plan B which does not mean resorting to hoofball tactics but you already know that.

I don't think the stat that we've not come from behind to win since the Donny game is a freak. There is a fundamental challenge there. Palace were very good at winning after conceding first.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It would be hard to trust Poyet, hard to see it as anything other than a marriage of convenience as he's basically said he's off. I'm not sure how easy it will be for him to manage in that situation.

Still be better than Redknapp though.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

I would put myself in this category. I trust TB but don't want Gus anymore. If Gus were to stay that I would remain unsure as to whether it was TB's decision or whether his hands were tied due to the financial and (possibly) legal issues.

Therefore I stand by my earlier comments... I trust TB to make the right decision for the club, but I reserve the right not to like the decision he makes.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I don't think the stat that we've not come from behind to win since the Donny game is a freak. There is a fundamental challenge there. Palace were very good at winning after conceding first.

I would be interested to see how many times they conceded first though. Last half of the season we didn't do it very often.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Yet we finished above them, so we must have done something ok.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here