Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Spurs lose today will Redknapp be out

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
After losing heavily to Arsenal and playing poorly, if Spurs lose today I think Harry will be put on some sort of gardening leave. Although it was mindgames I think Fergie had a point that the England job is unsettling for the players, its nailed on he will be offered the job and he has said he would take it. Levy cannot risk Spurs plummeting at this important stage of the season. But who would take over at short notice, tricky situation.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Micky Adams.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Pro footballers do not like to be unsettled they are strange creatures in that respect. Russell Slade is very good at this type of thing.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I doubt it. Lose today and they're still third in the league with a four point cushion over fourth place. Keep Redknapp, the prime target for England, and there's a bargaining chip for more money or, as suggested in some papers this morning, free loaning of 70,000 wembley for champions league matches next season bumping up the potential income over the 36k seater WHL.

Get rid of him after a loss today and you can't get so much money or bargaining power with the FA, you risk doing more damage to the your attempts to get a top four finish.

Besides, a loss is almost certain, anyway. Tottenham/Man Utd fixtures seem to have at least one controversial decision every year (nani goal, tottenham's non-goal etc), and today's game is being refereed by Martin Atkinson, who isn't a stranger to controversy (man utd scoring in the 6th minute of an indicated 4 minute injury time, calling full time during an everton attack, he is the ref alex ferguson criticised (for giving lampard a "soft penalty") that led to AF gettin into trouble with the FA etc.). I wouldn't be surprised to see Man Utd win and the match contain at least one controversial decision.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Man U better win as I have bet on them to do so
Your money is safe.
After losing heavily to Arsenal and playing poorly, if Spurs lose today I think Harry will be put on some sort of gardening leave.
If they lose? They will lose. They always lose against Utd, and they are missing their best players today.

Sacking Harry for losing against the best team in the country - you're mad/fishing/boring.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Your money is safe.
If they lose? They will lose. They always lose against Utd, and they are missing their best players today.

Sacking Harry for losing against the best team in the country - you're mad/fishing/boring.

Spurs will win 3-1

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Your money is safe.

None of the above, the point i was making is that Harry may be distracted from what he is trying to do at Spurs and depending on results, would levy have someone in charge who is possibly not focused and will not be there soon anyway. Acker 79 reply made perfect sense with intelligence.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
None of the above, the point i was making is that Harry may be distracted from what he is trying to do at Spurs and depending on results, would levy have someone in charge who is possibly not focused and will not be there soon anyway.
Well I take back the fishing and boring then, but I'm going to leave mad in there :)
Acker 79 reply made perfect sense with intelligence.
I agree with Acker. Losing against Arsenal and Utd isn't a signal that their minds are elsewhere, those are good teams. Spurs are hardly going to do better over the last games with a new manager.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Well I take back the fishing and boring then, but I'm going to leave mad in there :)
I agree with Acker. Losing against Arsenal and Utd isn't a signal that their minds are elsewhere, those are good teams. Spurs are hardly going to do better over the last games with a new manager.
You would not be the first sir, spurs are doing ok at the moment anyway, so maybe it was all a waste of time.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Tottenham have a goal chalked off for deliberately handling the ball. Will that be the controversy? Sure it made contact with adebayor's arm, but was it deliberate? Did it really give him an advantage - I know they got a goal, but it's not like he was only able to score because of the handball, it was falling for him anyway, wasn't it?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Tottenham have a goal chalked off for deliberately handling the ball. Will that be the controversy? Sure it made contact with adebayor's arm, but was it deliberate? Did it really give him an advantage - I know they got a goal, but it's not like he was only able to score because of the handball, it was falling for him anyway, wasn't it?
It definitely wasn't deliberate. It does help him though. I don't know the exact rule. Often defenders don't deliberately handle the ball, but they are careless how they position their arms which I guess is the same thing. Completely nothing he could do about that though.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Man U better win as I have bet on them to do so

Quite a good bet. Bale, van der Vaart and Scott Parker missing for Spurs. I would tip Ferguson to outwit Redknapp even without the missing players.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The FA have practically admitted that Redknapp will be with them in the short term this summer. For the long term, they are undecided and hoping.

There is a short term past available at Chelsea as well.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They really should get Ferggie to manage England. He's said the only reason he wouldn't is because he couldn't lead England out at Hampden Park - well how often do England play there? Just put it in the contract that he'd have a day off if that ever happened.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here