Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Sheffield United get promoted.... (merged with other Ched Evans threads)

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Someone's definitely lying, as they have suggested she was completely 100% with it, and clearly consented.

Well, of course someone is, but presumably the jury have deemed it wasn't her, so how has Clayton McDonald been cleared?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I agree that that must be what the court have decided...but why was McDonald even charged in the first place. Surely when making her complaint she must have claimed that she didnt consent to him either?

Presumably so, but that doesn't mean the jury will accept it. Clearly in Evans' case, they feel he crossed the line, whereas they may consider McDonald's situation to have been more ambiguous.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Also I wonder what anyone else in similar circumstances feels about the verdict. :whistle:

While I'm not a mod, I would tentatively suggest you leave well alone there.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
on another note, are we singing she said no to marlon king this weekend like was sung at Birmingham?

I wouldn't. Mainly because it's been done a thousand times and wasn't funny in the first place.

Call me an old stick-in-the-mud...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Even if MacDonald got the green light from this lady, and is therefore NOT GUILTY of rape, himself, surely, if he then stood by whilst EVANS assaulted her, he would be guilty of some kind of 'accessory to' charge?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
This seems like a case BEGGING for an appeal really. Not that i disagree with the verdict as I obviously have no idea what went on, but the sheer fact that there is a weird mirky middle ground would, i assume, give his lawyers great encouragement.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There are some pretty horrendous verdicts from the morons of the Twitter world out there, of the usual "she must have been asking for it" nature.

:nono:

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
This seems like a case BEGGING for an appeal really. Not that i disagree with the verdict as I obviously have no idea what went on, but the sheer fact that there is a weird mirky middle ground would, i assume, give his lawyers great encouragement.

Indeed. Rape must be one of the hardest cases for a jury to give their verdict on. There's no doubting that sex took place, just what was said or believed to be the understanding, in the run up to it. One person's word versus another, sometimes with alcohol to confuse it all. Absolute minefield.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
wonder if he'll still get in the league 1 team of the year? he's still 2nd top goalscorer

If the Football League are sensible - not a bloody chance. People were actually saying he could be a good striker for us too and maybe he could of, but i cant see many clubs wanting to touch him now and id expect Sheffield United to cancel his contract. Looks very likely that they would want to keep Hoskins as well now.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I don't get it...

Why one and not the other...

Why Any at all really when it says she consented to the guy that went down...

"It was claimed Mr McDonald asked if his friend could "get involved", to which the woman said yes. "

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't get it...

Why one and not the other...

Why Any at all really when it says she consented to the guy that went down...

"It was claimed Mr McDonald asked if his friend could "get involved", to which the woman said yes. "

"It was claimed" is the important part of that sentence.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
It is a very odd case as the girl has stated she does not remember anything. So, if she had sex with both of them but she does not remember anything how can they decide if she did or didn't give consent to them? To come to the conclusion that one was with consent and one without is odd. I am not saying the verdict is wrong at all as I know very little about the case but it does seem strange.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Hoskins now valued at £750k.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
It is a very odd case as the girl has stated she does not remember anything. So, if she had sex with both of them but she does not remember anything how can they decide if she did or didn't give consent to them? To come to the conclusion that one was with consent and one without is odd. I am not saying the verdict is wrong at all as I know very little about the case but it does seem strange.

Probably more to it than we know because some of the case details probably arent being made public - and rightly so.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

She met McDonald in the town and went back to the hotel with him, so there is a certain ELEMENT of consent there. He then texted Evans to invite him round, which she may or may not have known anything about - either him coming round at all, or what happened once he got there.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
It was McDonald who text Evans "found a girl". It was McDonald who obviously got her in bed and it was McDonald who invited Evans into the room. I'm confused? If evans raped the girl then how comes McDonald doesn't get any punishment for co-ordinating the whole thing? These judges use as much common sense as a pencil sharpener.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here