Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Prescott says 'no'

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
The Large One said:
By experts, I assume you mean Lord Bracknell. :)

No but he seems to have the same opinion. Let's be honest, Falmer isn't ideal but judging by the evidence put forward none of the other sites are clearly better. The conditions of the enquiry rule out Withdean which seems to leave Falmer and Sheepcote. Hopefully by going through the 2nd enquiry we've shot down Hoiles sketchy suggestion of Sheepcote while justifying the club, councils and referendum decision for Falmer.

Porky

Oct 5, 2003
Ontario. Canada
What pees me off, is that if it's a YES, the Govt. will act as if they are really giving you something and expect you all to collectively bowing and scraping to show your sincere thanks, forgetting the five/six years that you have all been f....d about by strangling red tape.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
y2dave said:
No but he seems to have the same opinion. Let's be honest, Falmer isn't ideal but judging by the evidence put forward none of the other sites are clearly better. The conditions of the enquiry rule out Withdean which seems to leave Falmer and Sheepcote. Hopefully by going through the 2nd enquiry we've shot down Hoiles sketchy suggestion of Sheepcote while justifying the club, councils and referendum decision for Falmer.

You do not expect me to agree.

Actually, I think Falmer is a good site (not the best worst site). It is a useless bit of farming land, got good transport connections, plenty of room to build a decent football stadium, but politicians and red tape has forced us into an bit of a compromise position.

The only other contenders are Toad Hole (with greedy landowners) and the transport connections are inferior to Falmer.

Sheepcote is a non-starter with rotten transport connections and is a public open space with genuine (just about) environmental concerns (unlike Falmer).

It if the worse comes to the worse, you always have Plan P.

All three contenders, Falmer VWS, Toad's Hole, and Pende will be built on eventually. Just a question of when and what is built on them?

If the stadium is not built at Falmer, they will end up with campus, a few boring industrial units, and a MacDonalds.

Toad's Hole looks a long term bet for housing or industry.

Pende is allocated for tourism and recreation, so it is football pitches, golf course, new Lancing football stadium and a relief road. Not suitable for houses.

The world goes on. But PEOPLE (or should I say certain persons) make decisions.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
y2dave said:
I disagree. Falmer is ideal - for me.

Jump on the train at London Road, having had a couple of pints in the Open House, get off at Falmer. Door to door. :drink:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
perseus said:
You do not expect me to agree.

Actually, I think Falmer is a good site (not the best worst site). It is a useless bit of farming land, got good transport connections, plenty of room to build a decent football stadium, but politicians and red tape has forced us into an bit of a compromise position.

The only other contenders are Toad Hole (with greedy landowners) and the transport connections are inferior to Falmer.

Sheepcote is a non-starter with rotten transport connections and is a public open space with genuine (just about) environmental concerns (unlike Falmer).

It if the worse comes to the worse, you always have Plan P.

All three contenders, Falmer VWS, Toad's Hole, and Pende will be built on eventually. Just a question of when and what is built on them?

If the stadium is not built at Falmer, they will end up with campus, a few boring industrial units, and a MacDonalds.

Toad's Hole looks a long term bet for housing or industry.

Pende is allocated for tourism and recreation, so it is football pitches, golf course, new Lancing football stadium and a relief road. Not suitable for houses.

The world goes on. But PEOPLE (or should I say certain persons) make decisions.
Pende doesn't exist, you fuckwit. :rolleyes:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The Large One said:

I bet you don't believe in God either?

See the other thread. Does god EXIST

Pende exists and is alive and well, apart from big piles of dirt that are being dumped on it. That other thing, god, might have been crucified for all I know?

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The Large One said:

I knew the f***ing idiot Horton would mention Pende somewhere and sure enough..........

:censored: :censored: :censored:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here