Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Portsmouth fold it's very unfair on us.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Poor Peterborough!

In all honesty... I would rather lose 3 or 6 points like a lot of teams will be than lose my club, passion, weekend lively hood. Put it into context, it really isn't that bad considering what they are having done to them, if and when it happens!

They are not having anything done to them that they don't deserve.
This is the THIRD time they've gone into administration, any business being run that badly deserves to fold. In effect they have cheated for years, finally they have been found out.
A football club representing the City of Portsmouth will continue in some shape or form, albeit lower in the Pyramid. If "the greatest fans in the country " feel that following a non-league club is beneath them, then maybe they're not all that great.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If the FA had any balls they would have sorted it out themselves so that Portsmouth had no choice. They should have taken sufficient points to ensure they were relegated, this would have been of benefit to both football in general and Portsmouth FC.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
And you call yourself a football fan? You are a disgrace, an utter contemptible disgrace.

No, we're fans of morality in football and to local businesses. Screwing everyone over just to win an FA Cup is a disgrace, and doing it a second time is contemptible.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
No, we're fans of morality in football and to local businesses. Screwing everyone over just to win an FA Cup is a disgrace, and doing it a second time is contemptible.

This.

As a Saints fans I would hate to see them go. It's a proper rivalry. Were in the same county, wear opposite colours and have a history of great games.

However, after how amazingly irresponsible they were in paying the wages of players like Defoe, Kaboul, Crouch, Glenn Johnson etc etc just for success on the pitch and then going into administration because of this, why the f*** didnt they do what every other club in that situation does and sell all their expensive players and build a team around commitment and gile not quality. But no, they had to shell out again on Lawrence, Kitson etc. They still also kept a lot of high earners. They should now die and get reformed as AFC Cheatsmouth or something. Then let all of us take note of what went wrong here and learn from it. Why the hell do Prem players need 200k a week. FFS football needs sorting out !!

and I know a lot of you will look at Saints and talk about how we cheated our fate by going into admin. But our problems were caused by the fact we bought a new ground. We talk a calculated risk getting a mortgage for SMS that we would struggle to meet if we got relegated and couldnt get back up with the next 2 parachute payments. We've never paid stupid wages or transfer fees.

Pompey are the football club version of all those wankers we all know that boast relentlessly about having the latest telly, mobile phone, laptop etc but get it all on credit. Then when theyre up to their eyeballs in credit card debt, they try to duck out of a round in the pub.

Cunts.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's not actually UNFAIR, is it, they would effectively become points you never had. Every team would be in the same boat at the end, having played the same number of games.

You can look at it and say "booo we had three points more" but if all teams end up having played 44 games then it's irrelevant.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
(that said, I would still be happy if they went bust after the season, or if they survived but got relegated by miles and had another deduction in League One next season. I think that would be my favourite scenario)

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
What would be unfair, but would probably be our 'tough titty' because our fixture against them is on the 10th:

I read somewhere that Birch is due in the High Court on Friday 9th to say yae or nae as to whether Pompey have the funds to feasibly continue. What if he says no?

How out of pocket would we be seeing as we are meant to play them the next day? Forget the fifty odd grand in away ticket sales. That would be small change if the game is cancelled forever. Ticket sale refunds, food & drink sale losses & umpteen other pre paid matchday expenses plus lost income? Season ticket holders would probably receive a credit for a game next season or credit on their cards. Its a potential serious unplanned loss for The Albion.

Teams that have played them at home & won may well bitch about losing three points. (Allardyce has been whinging) At least they've banked the money from any home fixture.

Hopefully they'll limp on until the end of the season then get booted into the Conference South. Or at least March 11th !

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
If they did fall out of the league fairest answer would be to count the 1st round of matches that everyone played against Pompey , any teams result that played Pompey twice would be lost , so west ham would only lose 3 opposed to 6 , we would still keep our 3 points . Think Ipswich have beaten them twice as well so also would only lose 3 points . Think this would keep everyone happy

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
If they did fall out of the league fairest answer would be to count the 1st round of matches that everyone played against Pompey , any teams result that played Pompey twice would be lost , so west ham would only lose 3 opposed to 6 , we would still keep our 3 points . Think Ipswich have beaten them twice as well so also would only lose 3 points . Think this would keep everyone happy

Hardly. Pompeys away record is shocking and home not that bad. Chances are you would have beat them if youve had them at home but maybe not if youve played them at Fratton shit hole (eg Reading)

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Hardly. Pompeys away record is shocking and home not that bad. Chances are you would have beat them if youve had them at home but maybe not if youve played them at Fratton shit hole (eg Reading)
We beat them at fratton park did you only get a draw . I still think its the best solution IMO .

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This time last season we were worried that we were going to lose 6 points because Plymouth looked unlikely to be able to fulfil their fixtures. Someone will step in seeing as how there are only 11 or 12 games left to play.

British Grenadier

I hate P*rtsm**th
Jan 15, 2012
Hanover
They are not having anything done to them that they don't deserve.
This is the THIRD time they've gone into administration, any business being run that badly deserves to fold. In effect they have cheated for years, finally they have been found out.
A football club representing the City of Portsmouth will continue in some shape or form, albeit lower in the Pyramid. If "the greatest fans in the country " feel that following a non-league club is beneath them, then maybe they're not all that great.

This.

If I can work out how to get the "if "the greatest fans in the country " feel that following a non-league club is beneath them, then maybe they're not all that great." quote in to my signature, I will.

British Grenadier

I hate P*rtsm**th
Jan 15, 2012
Hanover
( or if they survived but got relegated by miles and had another deduction in League One next season. I think that would be my favourite scenario)

Evil Edna!

I'm with you on that one - at the very least "the thickest football fans in the world" (that is how they're known, right?) might start to:
  • realise the situation they are in.
  • realise what they could lose.
  • make an effort to save their club, or start a new one.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Why is everybody trying to come up with various permutations as to how to deduct points. The fairest way is what will happen, ie you expunge their record entirely. That is the rule and you cannot change it to suit certain clubs otherwise you will open the door to a plethora of law suits as clubs fight for either promotion, play-off or relegation places (of which there would only be two).

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
And you call yourself a football fan? You are a disgrace, an utter contemptible disgrace.
Well I for one wish it was Palace going under. I just want to win the Euros and I will buy Palace on the Monday morning. And subsequently fold the fucker on Tuesday.

On a lighter note, an Irish man went ordered a Pizza and the man behind the counter said would you like it cut into 8 or 6 pieces. The irish man says six please Im not that hungry.
(Frank Carson RIP)

My work here is done.

My work here is done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here