Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Palace did go bust-Who would become our rivals?

Who would be our rivals if Palace died?

• Portsmouth

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Swindon Town

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Charlton Athletic

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Southampton

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Leyton Orient

Votes: 24 21.6%
  • Southend

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Bournemouth

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Crawley

Votes: 14 12.6%

• Total voters

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
None, we'll become a bunch of sad supporters like Bournemouth who try to manufacture a rivalry with a club who doesn't give a rats arse about them (Southampton).

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I do not want Palace to go bust but as our rivalry is with the fans of that club who will be the ones who create a phoenix team I guess naturally we would have a rivalry with an AFC Crystal Palace or whatever...Which is a little odd as we would probably never play them.

As much as we mutually dislike Pompey & Scumhampton and can have 'South Coast Derbies' with the pair of them we cannot be main rivals as they are too busy hating each other...Now, if Pompey went bust that would be an entirely different kettle of fish.

With regards to Bournemouth we can, as above, enjoy a good derby with them but at the end of the day I like to think with the way the club is progressing we are going to be leaving the bottom 2 division behind soon and hopefully not returning for a long, long time. This would probably rule out the Cherries as a credible rival.

Likewise with Orient, which is a small shame in a way as the animosity that grew between us is organic and how rivalries develop and whilst I hate them they are a little too small and insignificant for us as we establish ourselves away from the bottom end of English professional football.

It is difficult to bring myself to hate Charlton as there is nothing to hate about them...They are just a nice friendly club and up until Curbishley left they were a role model for any small-medium sized club who had ambitions of establishing themselves in the Premier League. The only way they could be an option is that they are crying out for a rival seeing as Millwall and Palace do not give a monkey's about them. In fact I read somewhere that they tried to instigate a rivalry with West Ham which ultimately failed.

We really are out of options! I guess the best outcome all round would be what I mentioned at the start of this post and hope they stay in business...I mean sitting there watching the game last night going through all the emotions that I would be going through if I was watching the Albion made me realise that I just cannot get worked up about hating anyone else that much.

Albion, Palace & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington Owl

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
None, we'll become a bunch of sad supporters like Bournemouth who try to manufacture a rivalry with a club who doesn't give a rats arse about them (Southampton).

Spot on.

So as others have suggested AFC Palace.

NO ONE ELSE DO YOU HEAR. WE WILL HAVE NO OTHER RIVALS.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Any Albion fans living in the 'Pompey Triangle' - between LA, Bognor and Chi already have a stronger hatred and rivalry with Portsmouth.

Living in Worthing I'm outside of this Pompey enclave within Sussex, I sometimes venture into the wild west, and they're everywhere!

I had the joy of living in Portsmouth for 5 years, and for that reason I hate them far more than Palace...

so, I've voted for Portsmouth.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Nobody else. Nobody else will ever come close.
I really, really hope Palace don't go bust

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
In the style of our now famous SCCC threads they wont go bust and IMO will stay up please feel bounce this should I get it wrong, of and I forgot fact.

qwerty

Apr 18, 2010
as you class yourselfs as our rivals it would be nice if we could play you once in a while.you got better support,you`re a bigger club blah blah blah:safeway:safeway:safeway:safeway:safeway

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Simple question really, inspired by the SSN ticker which said Palace may not last the summer.
If this did happen (And I don’t want it to)...
Who would become our main rivals?

Poll to follow...

Well Pompey, but they may not last the spring.

So the answer is Havant & Waterlooville and Crawley Town ! (or Bromley: the ghastliest place in the Universe)

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
Always Portsmouth and the fact they don't hate us doesn't make one iota of difference to the feelings of utter hatred I have for the inbreeding , embezzling , 6 fingered , fraudulent , c*nting scumbags.

I hate Palace as well of course but it's not on the same scale.

Feb 14, 2010
Crawley? I have worked in Crawley. Yes alot of London, especially west spam fans there but also lots of Albion in Crawley.They are Sussex and there are Crawley Seagulls flags at Albion games (eg at Millwall this year and Leeds last year). I support Crawley, Eastbourne, Burgess Hill, Hastings, Newhaven and all the other Sussex clubs as being a part of the greater BHA empire.

Rivals if palace went bust? There are loads of clubs that hate us like Southend, Oxford, Chesterfield (god they hate us) but to be honest let them do so but who really thinks when southend bring 450 fans that we can have a rivalry with them. Its just another game and only a big game when we travel to them as we take the numbers and so its an event for them.

A rivalry cannot be invented. It happens or it doesnt. Hence Brighton v Palace is a rivalry. Pompey in with a shout tho, as that was old school.

Send in the ju87 stukas

Crawley? I have worked in Crawley. Yes alot of London, especially west spam fans there but also lots of Albion in Crawley.They are Sussex and there are Crawley Seagulls flags at Albion games (eg at Millwall this year and Leeds last year). I support Crawley, Eastbourne, Burgess Hill, Hastings, Newhaven and all the other Sussex clubs as being a part of the greater BHA empire.

Rivals if palace went bust? There are loads of clubs that hate us like Southend, Oxford, Chesterfield (god they hate us) but to be honest let them do so but who really thinks when southend bring 450 fans that we can have a rivalry with them. Its just another game and only a big game when we travel to them as we take the numbers and so its an event for them.

A rivalry cannot be invented. It happens or it doesnt. Hence Brighton v Palace is a rivalry. Pompey in with a shout tho, as that was old school.

I SUPPORT ALL SUSSEX SIDES EXCEPT CRAWLEY,I THINK IT SHOULD BE RELOCATED BACK INTO THE CROYDON AREA:wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here