Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If painter doesnt get injured - would we still have won?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
hypothetical question i know but nonetheless an argument worth having in respect that I believe Vincelot gives us more options at left back than Marcos Painter. Far quicker, gets forward with purpose, hence his goal, better in the air for a smaller guy.

???

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Don't take any notice of the sneering tossers bhawoody.

Painter certainly doesn't get into the attacking positions Vincelot does, is slower and doesn't head the ball so well (few do). I've been saying for some time that Vincelot should get a run and yesterday proved why.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Painter certainly doesn't get into the attacking positions Vincelot does, is slower and doesn't head the ball so well (few do). I've been saying for some time that Vincelot should get a run and yesterday proved why.
Woddy

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
no?but a long memory

I'm not denying that Painter was a very good player for us last season but in the majority of games this season he has been a weak link. It was noticable when Vincelot came on yesterday that we started getting forward much more down both flanks. Painter unfortunately just doesn't have the pace for this division.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

Cheers hungry joe! I'll try not to let the bastards drag me down to their level. lol

I wouldnt like to give the impression i dont like painter but i feel he isnt good enough to play at this level when your all round game needs to be at its sharpest. league 1 -great defender.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here