Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If not us, who will be the 3rd relegated team from the Championship this season?

If not us, who will be the 3rd relegated team from the Championship this season?

• Cardiff. Oh dear, what a shame, never mind.

Votes: 23 27.1%
  • Forest. You're never too good to go down.

Votes: 18 21.2%
  • Leeds. Down, down, deeper and down.

Votes: 18 21.2%
  • Coventry. Anyone who plays Barrett is never going to score enough.

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Wolves. Because they (nearly) always lose to the Albion.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Watford.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Preston.

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Crewe.

• Millwall.

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Plymouth.

• Burnley.

• Derby.

• The Albion. We're just not good enough

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • Other.

• Total voters

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
I reckon Preston will get sucked right into the shit with us, they've lost their best player in Ricardo Fuller and got hammered 5 - 0 at the weekend, albeit by Wigan.

Crewe's survival depends on whether they can hang onto Ashton AND Steve Jones, who is class as well.

Watford are too strong to go down, bear in mind that they are playing without Danny Webber at the moment, one of the best strikers in the division IMO.

Forest will struggle all season, I'm hoping they will finish below us, they probably will if Andy Reid leaves in January. Can see Leeds sliding further down the table even without the help of a 10 point deduction.

Cardiff are too good I think, I reckon they will finish comfortably mid-table. Plymouth could get sucked in but seem to be quite good at home, which could be enough for them to stay up.

Anyway, I reckon (or just hope!) the bottom of the table will look like this:

Plymouth
Crewe
Preston
Brighton
-------------
Leeds
Gillingham
Rotherham

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
Our last game of the season is our first trip to Cardiff since the playoff final of 2003, an unpleasant day out that has left me with permanent psychological scars! :lolol:

The 'warm welcome' and 'warm farewell' we received from their dregs of humanity has left many of us hoping beyond all hope that it goes down to the last game of the season and not only do we turn them over, but we send them down as well.

W12 and my particular corner of Shoreham will be celebrating big time, if this particular dream comes true! I trust you will join me in raising a glass or two!

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Derby did have a good game against us and completely outplayed us, them being only 1 of 2 teams of the games i have been to that have outplayed us (the other being wigan). However Ipswich may have had a poor game against us, and you are not near the top if your crap, unless your Brighton last season.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If we don't finish above Leeds we will be in trouble.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Forest. Have I ever lied to you? ???

spidey

Jun 17, 2004
B Hill
Leeds could go if they lose 10 points - the guy in our office who goes to most of their games recons they piss on most of the teams they play but can't score.
My feeling is that it will be between us, Cardiff & Preston. If pushed i'd go for Cardiff.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
There's usually a team that drops down the table.

One that concentrates on a cup!

I voted Watford!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Why do so many people think Forest are going to get out of trouble. They're gash and their manager throws a strop every time they lose (which I wouldn't have thought is a very good way of motivating your players or the rest of the club).

I think we'll be safe with a game to go - which is just as well considering our final opponents. I think Coventry and Forest will be fighting it out for 4th from bottom and Cardiff will finish the season strongly.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
The current form table (last 8 games) is interesting:

16) Cardiff (9 pts)
17) Plymouth (9 pts)
18) Brighton (9 pts)
19) Watford (8 pts)
20) Millwall (8 pts)
21) Gillingham (8 pts)
22) Leeds (7 pts)
23) Forest (7 pts)
24) Rotherham (6 pts)

I know that doesn't prove much, but it does show that Leeds are in poor form. Millwall seem to have been on the slide lately - I wonder if they'll turn out to be the team who gets dragged into the battle?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The Laughing Bluebird said:
The current form table (last 8 games) is interesting:

16) Cardiff (9 pts)
17) Plymouth (9 pts)
18) Brighton (9 pts)
19) Watford (8 pts)
20) Millwall (8 pts)
21) Gillingham (8 pts)
22) Leeds (7 pts)
23) Forest (7 pts)
24) Rotherham (6 pts)

I know that doesn't prove much, but it does show that Leeds are in poor form. Millwall seem to have been on the slide lately - I wonder if they'll turn out to be the team who gets dragged into the battle?
To be fair, that table doesn't show anything except that the craps teams in the division have been joined temporily by Plymouth and Millwall - and Plymouth have just won again anyway. I'm surprised Coventry aren't there though. ???

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The Laughing Bluebird said:
Millwall seem to have been on the slide lately - I wonder if they'll turn out to be the team who gets dragged into the battle?

...you should worry then if they're still able to lend out a forward to you.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Bozza said:
...you should worry then if they're still able to lend out a forward to you.

I am worried, but the Harris loan deal was abit of a surprise to be honest. Millwall looked a pretty poor side when we played them at the New Den until Harris came on. He sparked them into life and scored their equaliser. Then a month later he ends up here.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
I reckon it'll be us. We can't go through the rest of the season trying to nick 1-0 wins can we?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
chips and gravy said:
I reckon it'll be us. We can't go through the rest of the season trying to nick 1-0 wins can we?

Well Yes, Yes we can!

(worth putting a few bets on)

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
We will be in a very comfortable position if we nick all 3 points off milwall on saturday!

Surely it has 1-0 claridge written all over it. Just hope he remembers to score for brighton not milwall :lolol:

Unless one of the struggling teams go into administration, I say Forest. The other teams have adequate enough squads - Forest don't.

I still think we are the most likely to join Gillingham & Rotherham, though. But, despite your including of us in the poll, the title, quite clearly, is about who will go down if it ISN'T us. So I vote Forest.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here