Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Newcastle allow Lua Lua to play against Woking

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
As far as Lua Lua is concerned we just want Newcastle to start playing really well. The bettr they are playing the less likely they are to ask for him back.

Disagree entirely. If they are fighting a relegation battle they can't afford to try out a young player. If they are safe they will give games to players like Lua Lua to see what they are made of and help them improve.

Its clear now that he is too good for our division. Its certainly looking like he could give the premiership a shot. I watched that big lump Gutierrez lumbering down the left wing for Newcastle on Saturday, and if Ben Arfa stays injured I'm sure Lua Lua could be exciting for them.

Bottom-line, I can't believe Chris Hughton wouldn't want to give him some games nearer the end of the season. Shame for us, but lets make the most of him while he is here. In fact I think the chances of us signing him permanently in the summer are increased if he goes back to Newcastle in January and flops up there.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Then in my mind thats a good indication that they may extend his loan til the end of the season, everyone I've spoken too about this agrees it could be a good sign.

What does the general populous of NSC think?

debate away!

Substitute Brighton for Newcastle & MK Dons for Woking and the same discussion is being aired on Borochat [Stevenage] in respect of Holroyd.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I would have thought it highly unlikely that KLL will be allowed to play against Woking and I don`t think that that will bother Gus that much really. Chance to rest those hamstrings.
Its what Newcastle do in january that matters and I can`t help in thinking that they`ll want him back then even if only to asses him and see how much better he is becoming even if it is only on the training ground.
The problem is....... the better he plays for us the more chance Newcastle will want him back. From now on everyone say he`s shit on here, cos I`m sure Hughton has a sneeky peek.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I reckon we'll let Holroyd play.

No way. An injury to one, or heaven forbid two of them and Holroyd will be needed back here and that will include for cup games if we progress.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I really don't think Gus is that fussed about the Cups, and if he ever looks to rest a player it's KLL because of his hammys. So, even if we made just 1 change to teh side for the Woking game I expect it will be him.

In truth, I think we'll make 6 or 7 changes, and Gus won't even feel the need to ring Newcastle to ask about cup-tying him. He won't be in the squad. Simples.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I don't think we'll find out whether Newcastle are willing to let him play. As has been said elsewhere, Gus will probably rest him. Therefore the club won't ask Newcastle's permission.

I might be wrong, I usually am.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I don't think we'll find out whether Newcastle are willing to let him play. As has been said elsewhere, Gus will probably rest him. Therefore the club won't ask Newcastle's permission.

I might be wrong, I usually am.

therefore this scenario: We get through to Round 2 against a a beatable side with the prospect of a glamorous 3rd round tie.....what then? 2nd round is in December (IIRC) so this question will pop up again if nothing has been said about Woking!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here