Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Newcastle allow Lua Lua to play against Woking

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I wouldn't want Kaz to play against Woking, I think they'd try to kick lumps out of him. If Newcastle gave their permission though I'd bring him on for the last 5 minutes so that he is cuptied. That way there is one less reason for them to want him back!!!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Should be able to brush aside Woking without LuaLua. We don't want to put him in the shop window TOO often IMHO. Else even if Newcastle don't want/need him, somebody further up the footballing food chain than the Albion will snap him up.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
yes their win at West Ham has put them 9th
Sunderland at home next ...
and then Arsenal away
a good run for the next couple of months with very few injuries and no red cards would help our cause!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
if anything this thread proves alot of people read the Title and not the first post!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If Newwcastle allow him to play it is an indication that he doesnt figure in their plans for this season and says nothing about allowing him to stay with us for the remainder of the season.

They could still see his future for the 2nd half of the season at a championship team as part of his further football education irrespective of playing in the cup for us.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Marc's right - most idiots are missing the point.

Yes i think it prob would mean he'll stay Marc. As for the point of 'resting' him I'd honestly put him on for 30 secs at the end of the Woking game if Newcastle said he can play - just to make sure he's played in the cup for US... I take it if we didn't play him he could still potentially play for Newcastle if he did go back there even if they initially said we COULD play him?

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
That is a bold assumption as all it indicates is that he does not figure in Newcastle's plans for this season nothing more nothing less.

Eh? The question was will he stay for the season - i say yes - you say it means he doesnt figure in Newcastles plans = you're agreeing?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No I am saying that it does not indicate that he will stay with us any more than it indicates that he wont. It just indicates that he will not play for Newcastle. I think that there is a very good possibility that Newcastle will send him to a championship side on loan after Christmas to push his football education a little further.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
If I was Gus and Lualua is allowed to play I would bring him on as a sub just so they don't change their minds before the 2nd round

DanielT

If I was Newcastle I would allow him to play. Extend loan till end of season. Put in a clause that he cant play against Newcastle(if you can do such a thing). Then sell him to us in July for £1.5miliion when we are in championship.

If you were Newcastle surely you would just say to us "Oh, go on then! Have him! He looks really good in blue n white, and we know that you'll be really grateful, so here's a nice little gift for you"

Could happen! Northerners are well known for their kindness and generosity

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here