Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Labour have been that bad, name the things that have effected you?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
The nasty things they did that affect me;

- Better school facilities
- A speedier national health service (reduction of average 18 months for heart bypass to 3 months)
- Childcare vouchers
- Supported nursery education
- general reduction in my tax burden from 1996

Sorry were we looking for bad things?

Seecider

Apr 25, 2009
The tories handed over one of the best financial positions in history and Labour have handed back one of the worst. Says it all really.:shrug:

They were very quick to take the credit for how well the economy was going, but would never take any responsibility fro the failure to lift educational standards. There are as many kids coming out of school functionally illerate now as there were in 1997, despite billions being thrown at the education system.

Add to that the off balance sheet finance that has been piled up under PFI and the failaure to address unfunded state workers final salary pension schemes - you can go on and on.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
wouldnt have been very different under the tories IMO . people have short memories

When did the tories take us into an illegal war? And open the borders to uncontrolled immigration?

markw

Aug 28, 2009
When labour came in, one of the first things they did was stop the tax exemption for classic cars over 25 years old. It was a rolling policy which was stopped at Dec 1973, my car in 1997 was a 1975 Rs2000 so the robbing twats ended any chance of getting free tax on my my 500 miles a year classic car. Bastards.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
This thread is brilliant. Basically full of people recycling things they've read in the paper that haven't actually affected them.

I bet there's dozens of things that you were PERSONALLY affected by in the last Tory government/s, and dozens of things that were positively changed that personally affected you by the Labour government.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
And open the borders to uncontrolled immigration?

When did Labour do this? We have uncontrolled immigration only from other EU countries, therefore it is controlled immigration. It may not be as controlled as you would like, but don't make things up to prove your point.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
This thread is brilliant. Basically full of people recycling things they've read in the paper that haven't actually affected them.

I bet there's dozens of things that you were PERSONALLY affected by in the last Tory government/s, and dozens of things that were positively changed that personally affected you by the Labour government.

Am I right in thinking that you were still in short trousers when the Tories were last in power? Why are you so anti-Conservative? Are you not basing your views on what you have garnered from written text?

crime,immigration(ooh I'm such a bigot),pension funds stolen from,rocketing fuel costs,council tax through the roof,creating a safe haven for terrorists,re-introducing slave labour back into this country,I could go on but have to leave for work so that the lazy cvnt up the road who's just woken up can afford his can of "beater"

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Brought a hosue, saw them manage swine flu + ash cloud with a great response. Got a very well paid job , brought a bigger house and best of all witnessed amazing scenes in Iraq with a country freed from a murderous dictator.

Also trains ran on time, had an operation on the NHS which was fantastic and my boy is shining in the fantastic schools we have

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Personally, very very little of what has been mentioned has affected me one way or the other, so I can see the point of the original post.

However, I felt exactly the same in 1997 when roles were reversed, there was nothing that Major's government had done that affected me (in fact the early-mid 90's recession let me buy my first house cheap!).

I've always been of the opinion that if something in my life is affecting me, I'd want to be in the position to do something about it myself, rather than bleating on blaming government-this or authorities-that. I kinda hope we'll get back to that when CMD referred to everyone's "responsibilities" several times last night.

This is very true, it is a good question in terms of how much the government actually affects YOU. We seem to live in a blame culture where if anything goes wrong in life then simply blame the current PM, what a joke. How much of the issues or daily problems are actually as a direct result of one man.

I did not vote for Cameron but I wonder if my life will REALLY change that much in the next year, my guess is not that much at all really. Interestingly, those people who have no interest in politics whatsoever do not even seem to notice a social change at all.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
London car bombs; Glasgow Airport attack; foot-and-mouth outbreak (2007); national floods of 2007; child benefit data misplaced; Donorgate; Northern Rock nationalisation; Treaty of Lisbon; 42 Days detention; 10p Tax rate; Financial crisis of 2007–2010; Parliamentary expenses scandal; arrest of Damien Green; 2009 flu pandemic; national floods of 2009; Chilcot Inquiry.

Credit to wikipedia!

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
6000 (odd) new Laws introduced since 1997.

Which most will go under a new 'Freedom act'. Free from the Oceanian society at last.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
London car bombs; Glasgow Airport attack; foot-and-mouth outbreak (2007); national floods of 2007; child benefit data misplaced; Donorgate; Northern Rock nationalisation; Treaty of Lisbon; 42 Days detention; 10p Tax rate; Financial crisis of 2007–2010; Parliamentary expenses scandal; arrest of Damien Green; 2009 flu pandemic; national floods of 2009; Chilcot Inquiry.

Credit to wikipedia!

Which the new Lib/Con government will put into Law, no government will ever give power to Europe again without the permition of the people. :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here