Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Labour have been that bad, name the things that have effected you?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
An illegal war. The Big Brother state. The laws that govern every aspect of our lives; the petty bureaucracies; the casual regard for civil liberties, so that even taking photos in London streets can be regarded as a terrorist offence; the Digital Economy Act.

That will do for starters.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
An illegal war. The Big Brother state. The laws that govern every aspect of our lives; the petty bureaucracies; the casual regard for civil liberties, so that even taking photos in London streets can be regarded as a terrorist offence; the Digital Economy Act.

wouldnt have been very different under the tories IMO . people have short memories

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
child tax credit and child trust fund.
i dont have children but dont think my taxes should pay for other people to have children.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Child tax credits are a joke. They always seem to get the amount wrong for people. Then they had to pay it back. Get rid and give people a decent living wage

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
the tories would have gone to war too, and to a certain extent all civil liberties have had to be regned in because of the perceived terrorist threat. thats nothing to do with labour or any 'big brother' thing

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Tony Blairs LIES are enough to make me delighted that bunch of hypocritical wankers are no longer in power. If Maggie was wrong to defend the Falklands (British territory invaded by others), then Blair was nothing short of a war criminal for what he did to get this country into war with Iraq.

As for the Tories would have gone to war too, you sure? Would another Prime Minister have LIED in the way Blair did? I doubt it, he was one of a kind.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Where do I start ?.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
All the above points plus selling countries gold reserves at rock bottom prices. Introducing tax on private pension dividends, thus destroying the system at a stroke, taking away the 10% start rate of income tax, and that affected the lower paid/living on fixed income/pensioners more than anything else. I could go on but read a cross selection of daily papers and you will get the idea.

Vic's Stick

Nov 18, 2009
A constant feeling of being shafted has been removed this morning.

Now knowing that we don't have a government that imports votes and rewards the idle and feckless also helps.

:clap2:

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA

the digital economy act, both supported by labour and tories before the election.. not the lib dems though.. now tories and lib dems are best mates.. f***ing joke

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I lost my job under Labour and it also costs me a fortune to put fuel in my car - mostly thanks to the excessive tax on it !

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Personally, very very little of what has been mentioned has affected me one way or the other, so I can see the point of the original post.

However, I felt exactly the same in 1997 when roles were reversed, there was nothing that Major's government had done that affected me (in fact the early-mid 90's recession let me buy my first house cheap!).

I've always been of the opinion that if something in my life is affecting me, I'd want to be in the position to do something about it myself, rather than bleating on blaming government-this or authorities-that. I kinda hope we'll get back to that when CMD referred to everyone's "responsibilities" several times last night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here