Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If i was Gus (all post here)

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Seriously? ok,if true what convinces you to return

Gus playing an attacking line up, do away with the defensive shit at home and go for the juglar from the off, lose 3-2 then so be it, I want to be intertainded, rather lose 3-2, 4-3 than lose 1-0. That what fans want.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Don't care. I'll not be at the Leeds game and that'll be my first boycott since the Amex opened. Been to all games, including the SSCF final on both occactions.

Really have had enough.

You seriously have no idea about the game of football do you? Go grab a drink mate, you remind me of that pub character in Harry Enfield... OI NO!

kc1

Nov 11, 2011
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5281628 said:
................... Kuszczak ......................

Bruno ...... Greer ...... El Abd ...... Bridge

............. Crofts ...... Bridcutt ............

Buckley .......... Dobbie ........... Orliandi

...................... CMS ........................

With Buckley and Orliandi playing as out and out wingers, Bruno and Bridge bombing forward on the overlap and Dobbie playing just behind CMS feeding delicious throughballs for CMS to feed off. Crofts playing the box to box midfielder role and Bridcutt sitting...

I think this is a great idea....shame Gus will never ever do it though.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Still be a season ticket holder like I have done since 81. Like to air my opionion. Is that ok?

Christ, if you've boycotted every period we've been shit since 1981 you won't have been to many games :lolol:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Gus playing an attacking line up, do away with the defensive shit at home and go for the juglar from the off, lose 3-2 then so be it, I want to be intertainded, rather lose 3-2, 4-3 than lose 1-0. That what fans want.

Fair coments but this could result in League 1 football or we could scrape the play offs

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
You seriously have no idea about the game of football do you? Go grab a drink mate, you remind me of that pub character in Harry Enfield... OI NO!

It seems you like watching utter crap but if that's what you like than you're than welcome to it.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Fair coments but this could result in League 1 football or we could scrape the play offs

We could end up playing league football losing 1-0, if we're going to be playing league one football then I'd rather see us relegated playing great football and goals.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We could end up playing league football losing 1-0, if we're going to be playing league one football then I'd rather see us relegated playing great football and goals.

Could we,given Gus gets to spend proper money (i estimate the team today that finished the match cost around £2m to assemble) do entertaining football under a Gus system....i put it all down to players.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Of course it's ok. But boycotting games because we're on a bad run?

Between you and me then I'm not really boycotting the game as will watch it on the box. Just getting fed up so will stay at home. The only thing I'll miss next Friday is my 3 - 5 pies.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
It seems you like watching utter crap but if that's what you like than you're than welcome to it.

Out of interest how long have you been watching us? In the last twenty years about 15 have been pretty crap in terms of quality. You are clearly a complete glory hunter so this is definitely the wrong club for you based on history.

I would suggest spending your cash to go and watch Chelsea. I would have said Arsenal but they havent had a great time lately so you would probably end up boycotting there pretty quickly too.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Could we,given Gus gets to spend proper money (i estimate the team today that finished the match cost around £2m to assemble) do entertaining football under a Gus system....i put it all down to players.

No, it's not down to the players is it? Come on mate. The manger picks the side and formation and tatics and if they don't comply then they are in trouble. Gus needs to let the leash ofthe players and play them in their right postions and play an attacking formation. It's defend at all costs which is costing us big time.

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
If I were Gus and I read NSC today I think I'd despise at the human race and resign. Leave the"great" Britain and go home. You lot do have short memories. It is rather hallarious reading today on NSC. Get a life guys and get a perspective. We defended a point away from home. Standard away from home championship performance.

Yes, at home we have struggled to break teams down because they come to defend but if you sack Poyet you set the team back a season and start at square 1 with most likely a poorer manager than we currently have.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
No, it's not down to the players is it? Come on mate. The manger picks the side and formation and tatics and if they don't comply then they are in trouble. Gus needs to let the leash ofthe players and play them in their right postions and play an attacking formation. It's defend at all costs which is costing us big time.

I think it is to some degree,but i also think as i stated in the opening post,i were i Gus let them play their own game.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

So when did you become a professional manager?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
If I were Gus and I read NSC today I think I'd despise at the human race and resign. Leave the"great" Britain and go home. You lot do have short memories. It is rather hallarious reading today on NSC. Get a life guys and get a perspective. We defended a point away from home. Standard away from home championship performance.

Yes, at home we have struggled to break teams down because they come to defend but if you sack Poyet you set the team back a season and start at square 1 with most likely a poorer manager than we currently have.

Do you know what Phil? If you looked at the fixture list in August you'd have bitten my arm off for a point at Blackpool? Ok it is a run of disappointing results, but you'd have had a point at Bloomfield? I would. I am very much behind your way of thinking.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Out of interest how long have you been watching us? In the last twenty years about 15 have been pretty crap in terms of quality. You are clearly a complete glory hunter so this is definitely the wrong club for you based on history.

I would suggest spending your cash to go and watch Chelsea. I would have said Arsenal but they havent had a great time lately so you would probably end up boycotting there pretty quickly too.

Jesus christ. I've been a season ticket holder since 81 till today, followed us through the riots and marches. Was at Gillingham and withdean. Now I'm here at the Amex. I speak my mind and have always done, wether it's at the goldstone ground or withdean.

I'm just not f***ing happy the way we're playing concidering the backing Gus has had.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
So when did you become a professional manager?

FFS. If we arn't allowed to voice our opionions then I suggest this forum is closed and I'd like to think I could pick a better team than Gus that could entertain fans with the players we have and I'd charge no fees what so ever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here