Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Hoskins & noone have their price

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
If we are happy to sell Hoskins & noone (rumour has it) how long will it be before we get approached about Buckley & will he be allowed to leave if the price is decent.
I know everybody has their price but if the noone story is accurate then it seems that we are accepting bids that are decent but not to good to refuse.so if that is the case how long before Buckley is snapped up?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
If we are happy to sell Hoskins & noone (rumour has it) how long will it be before we get approached about Buckley & will he be allowed to leave if the price is decent.
I know everybody has their price but if the noone story is accurate then it seems that we are accepting bids that are decent but not to good to refuse.so if that is the case how long before Buckley is snapped up?

Bags another 5 goals in the next 10 games and £3m would have be a starting price...

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Buckley is a different kettle of fish. He has huge potential and is a match winner. At the moment he is a 'not for sale at any price' player, i'm sure of that. He is in a different league a la Bridcutt.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
£3m minimum with a tasty sell on clause too.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
I don't really think we should be selling any player at the moment and would be a little disappointed if any player would want to leave.

D

Deleted member 18477

if zaha is worth 10 million... 3 million? is that some sort of sick f***ing joke! i'd rather have buckley than theo 'i only have pace' walcott!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I don't really think we should be selling any player at the moment and would be a little disappointed if any player would want to leave.

me neither but progression is progression,not every player is worth mega money,yet their value to the team cannot be underestimated,take Liam Bridcutt,can't see him getting any serious bids(priceless to me) but is my favourite player and his role/value is crucial to our cause.

Players can leave for any reason,football is the main reason though not exclusive.

D

Deleted member 18477

Think people need to carm down a little bit with Buckley lets see him do it week in week out before hes worth x amount.

did chamberlain do it week in week out for saints in the championship? oh...

D

Deleted member 18477

And your point is

he DIDNT do it for saints in the CHAMPIONSHIP. he went for 12 million+. so why on earth would we sell a youngster for f*** all who's quality in a league above the league chamberlain was quality in? and the same league zaha is quality in whos worth 10 million. buckley is the real deal. hes dangerous and so direct!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Exactly rumour ..and a total waste of time debating it....we've just beaten Newcastle...in the 5th round of cup...again! That's the stuff tht should b talked about not this crap

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
This, got to be 5 million just to get a seat at the negotiating table! It's about time we started getting proper fees rather than being a poundstretcher club!

That is my point,we agreed a fee for Hoskins which seemed to me about the same that we paid for him.if the noone rumours are true & we have accepted a bid from Cardiff which will obviously be above the 450k we rejected at first but I would not imagine it being that much more than the first offer.if this is the case (I don't know that it is)then we seem to be accepting bids that are not to good to turn down.so what price Buckley leaving at a knock down price?

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
he DIDNT do it for saints in the CHAMPIONSHIP. he went for 12 million+. so why on earth would we sell a youngster for f*** all who's quality in a league above the league chamberlain was quality in? and the same league zaha is quality in whos worth 10 million. buckley is the real deal. hes dangerous and so direct!

AOC is the outstanding player of his age.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
Chamberlain is 4 years younger than Buckley. Do u think Buckley has achieved more in ten games in the championship than Elliot b archived in league 1???

D

Deleted member 18477

Chamberlain is 4 years younger than Buckley. Do u think Buckley has achieved more in ten games in the championship than Elliot b archived in league 1???

come the end of the season buckley will have achieved more yes IMO. bennett may have helped win the league. but come on, some of the defenders in league 1 were laughable. just massive lumps! buckley would have been incredible in league 1 ffs.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Poyet would walk. No chance.
The fees mentioned for both Noone and Hoskins are not 'knock down' prices.

hmmm....thought we were going to sign Hoskins initially for close to £1m.....but Rovers did not want to sell in March so we purchased later for less than our initial bid for the player,now you could argue that he was in effect a League 2 player when we got him for £500k rising to £800k etc,however Hoskins is now a Championship player...the said Bournemouth offer in region £450k is "knockdown" as far as i am concerned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here