Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Hoskins & noone have their price

D

Deleted member 18477

AOC is the outstanding player of his age.

agreed. my point is buckley is still young and doing it in a higher division so surely worth more than poxy 3 million. pilkington went for 2 million last season and he was only league 1 AND broke his leg and was out for a large part of the season. i dont get why when its our players they are so under valued. everyone else whacks a big price tag on their stars. buckley is our big star! look at hudds with rhodes! 5 million!!!

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
agreed. my point is buckley is still young and doing it in a higher division so surely worth more than poxy 3 million. pilkington went for 2 million last season and he was only league 1 AND broke his leg and was out for a large part of the season. i dont get why when its our players they are so under valued. everyone else whacks a big price tag on their stars. buckley is our big star! look at hudds with rhodes! 5 million!!!

Nobody is saying we're selling Buckley for 3 million :S

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
That is my point,we agreed a fee for Hoskins which seemed to me about the same that we paid for him.if the noone rumours are true & we have accepted a bid from Cardiff which will obviously be above the 450k we rejected at first but I would not imagine it being that much more than the first offer.if this is the case (I don't know that it is)then we seem to be accepting bids that are not to good to turn down.so what price Buckley leaving at a knock down price?
Hoskins has hardly kicked a ball all season.

Noone is a good player, I don't know how much we're supposedly selling him for,if it's true, but who's to say it's a knock down price. If we get around a million for him that is good business.

Every player does have their price. To think anywhere else is to live in the clouds, there's always a bigger fish unless you're Barcelona. But Buckley's would be a lot higher than either of those two. Because he's a lot better. :shrug:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Bags another 5 goals in the next 10 games and £3m would have be a starting price...

someone whacked the 3 million figure up. read the thread. but no obviously we are not actually selling him. its just a discussion between fans.

That be me for the record i value Craig Noone at £800-£1.2M

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Hoskins has hardly kicked a ball all season.

Noone is a good player, I don't know how much we're supposedly selling him for,if it's true, but who's to say it's a knock down price. If we get around a million for him that is good business.

Every player does have their price. To think anywhere else is to live in the clouds, there's always a bigger fish unless you're Barcelona. But Buckley's would be a lot higher than either of those two. Because he's a lot better. :shrug:

Would we be so happy to let noone go if Buckley wasn't on fire.
While as much as I'm enjoying watching Buckley play I'm also aware that he is only 1 bad tackle away from a spell on the sidelines.if that were to happen would we be so happy to let noone go

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
we should be holding on to our current youngsters , however ,there are probably three or four heads at the club that are working out the future playing staff of the club , don't see either of our current fb's as championship winning standard, breznovan won it for us last night a couple of top class saves , but is he top flight...?? there's going to be a lot of too'ing and fro'ing before our squad is prem standard , like i keep saying ...we need some muscle , we looked surprisingly composed at the back for most of the game last night.........i can see that we will win or loose a lot of our games in midfield,to lightweight imho.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Hoskins & Noone are only having bids accepted on them simply because when everyone is fit they won't get in the team, it's good business to sell them and bring in better quality in the positions we need, end of... I'd be very disappointed if we started accepting bids on the likes of Buckley, Bridcutt, Greer, LuaLua etc...

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
noone at 800k would be a disaster.

so all of a sudden everyone on here thinks KLL is better than Noone? I dont think so. But if i was noone i would want regular footy, and cardiff is nearer all his mates in liverpool too. i can see it happening.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Norwich will leverage their prem league position by offering a derisory 1.5 million. Thus unsettling buckley because he knows there is interest from the prem.

Then we have a dilemma keep him as the offer is a joke or get rid coz his heart may not be in it so we maybe accept two mill.

When really he is worth at least 3 or 4.

Norwich are ***** and i hope they go bust because they use this tactic all the time to get their man. See bennett, johnson, howson and no doubt others.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
If we are happy to sell Hoskins & noone (rumour has it) how long will it be before we get approached about Buckley & will he be allowed to leave if the price is decent.
I know everybody has their price but if the noone story is accurate then it seems that we are accepting bids that are decent but not to good to refuse.so if that is the case how long before Buckley is snapped up?

Selling key players shows lack of real ambition from our chairman.ducking right now

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Hoskins & Noone are only having bids accepted on them simply because when everyone is fit they won't get in the team, it's good business to sell them and bring in better quality in the positions we need, end of... I'd be very disappointed if we started accepting bids on the likes of Buckley, Bridcutt, Greer, LuaLua etc...

We've not accepted any bids for anybody.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I'd take £1.5m for Noone at the moment, and £750k for Hoskins, but both could prove to be worth more.
If I was the manager, I'd be wanting 8 figures for Buckley at the moment.

Norwich can f*** off.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Would we be so happy to let noone go if Buckley wasn't on fire.
While as much as I'm enjoying watching Buckley play I'm also aware that he is only 1 bad tackle away from a spell on the sidelines.if that were to happen would we be so happy to let noone go
Fair point about Buckley and I've said before that the biggest advantage Noone has over him and LuaLua is that he seems less likely to get injured.
I'd rather keep him than sell him, but I think the 'Nooney' love in is overblown and selling him for around a million would hardly be a disaster as some seem to think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here