Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Gus did leave who would you want !!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Apologies if fixtures !
If our beloved Gus was to leave Albion, who could you see as a serious contender as his replacement ?

Curbishley would have to be one in my opinion, but really it would have to be someone very special dont you think ???

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
It has been done already, but hey ho. Firstly I don't want Gus to leave but if he got offered a top job, then you can't stand in his way.

That being the case, I would go all out for Alan Curbishley. Ex player, loyal, and was a success at charlton and West Ham (though some seem to think resigning from West Ham in the top ten, due to a players being sold under him was a failure??)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The answer obviously depends on when (not if, as he's not going to be here in 30 years time) he leaves.

So does that mean we need a new thread like this every month, from now until the time that he does actually leave (hopefully a few years away)?

No.

So please, for the love of god, delete this shitty thread.

Oct 6, 2010
Curbishly for me.

I don't understand why people reply to threads that have been done before if it bores them so much. Surely its easier just to ignore it? Muppets.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Curbishly for me.

I don't understand why people reply to threads that have been done before if it bores them so much. Surely its easier just to ignore it? Muppets.

No more a muppet than insisting that Alan Curbishley be the next Brighton manager.

I replied because it's a boring topic with little or no merit, and because it is asked, on average, every three days on here. Or so it seems.

Why not debate 'If Tony Bloom wasn't the chairman, what would you have for breakfast?'. It's just as pertinent at present.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Curbishly for me.

Because they have nothing better to do than moan like bitches !!!

Oct 6, 2010
No more a muppet than insisting that Alan Curbishley be the next Brighton manager.

I replied because it's a boring topic with little or no merit, and because it is asked, on average, every three days on here. Or so it seems.

Why not debate 'If Tony Bloom wasn't the chairman, what would you have for breakfast?'. It's just as pertinent at present.

I clearly didn't INSIST on Curbishly.
"I replied because it's a boring topic"
Muppet.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Perhaps we could make this thread a sticky?

It would be interesting to look back and see the different opinions over the next few years, as the Gus-bus rolls on and the academy comes on line, etc.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Because they have nothing better to do than moan like bitches !!!

You're shitting yourself over Gus' departure, and accuse others of moaning...? :facepalm:

It's like having Angelina Jolie / Rachel Riley from Countdown / Susanna Reid as a girlfriend and asking who else might be around 'just in case'.

Why don't you do something positive like appreciate what we have, rather than forever looking around for someone hypotheticals?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Perhaps we could make this thread a sticky?

It would be interesting to look back and see the different opinions over the next few years, as the Gus-bus rolls on and the academy comes on line, etc.

when all is said and done, there's a lot said and not much done.

whatever we think as fans won't alter the day Gus eventually departs, nor will it influence who TB sees as his man to take us forward. So it is all a little irrelvant anyway whether someone offers an opinion or thinks its a bullshit thread will make no difference in the grander scheme of things.

We'll all still be here cordially back biting with each other :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here