Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If Graham Potter is re-appointed...

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The best way to think of this is you’ve been in a relationship with this very boring and average looking geography teacher. She’s got a bit big for her boots and left you for some flashy American banker who spends time in London. You’re stuck paying the rent and the dogs have gone with her.

You’re mortified, but on a drunken night out you meet this fiery Italian in the pub opposite Donatello’s. All of a sudden you’ve forgotten about the teacher because this lovely Italian lady is doing things you never believed possible. You think it’s love at first sight as she talks about the beautiful Italian fixed priced meal she just finished for less than ten pounds.

Things are amazing but they won’t commit. She starts talking about your manhood not being enough. Ironically you find texts from a rich dwarf up in Manchester who’s trying to get her to move north. The photos indicate an inch at the most.

You think how can this be happening again? Then out of the blue you hear from the ex. She never moved to London because she loved Brighton so much and couldn’t leave the city she met you in. The relationship with the yank was toxic.

Things are different. She’s had a proper glow up and appreciates you now. You’ve even got a promise she’ll let you do some of the back door attacking stuff the Italian let you do.

No interpreter required. Proper West Midlands English back in your life.
😂😂😂😂😂 Brilliant

I would be very surprised if Potter returned. He's had a few offers since the Chelsea debacle allegedly and turned them all down. (Ajax most recently due to financial package?). That suggests to me that he's waiting for a more lucrative offer after the riches from Chelsea or/and, he has a point to prove with a big 6 club and has been promised a chance with, say Manchester United. With the Jim Radcliffe rules being written about yesterday (if true) that doesn't sound a Poch job, more likely a Southgate or Potter type job. Added to that it's unlikely( as many here allude to, that Bloom wouldn't have him back anyway).

jeremy fisher

Sep 20, 2014
I would be very surprised if Potter returned. He's had a few offers since the Chelsea debacle allegedly and turned them all down. (Ajax most recently due to financial package?). That suggests to me that he's waiting for a more lucrative offer after the riches from Chelsea or/and, he has a point to prove with a big 6 club and has been promised a chance with, say Manchester United. With the Jim Radcliffe rules being written about yesterday (if true) that doesn't sound a Poch job, more likely a Southgate or Potter type job. Added to that it's unlikely( as many here allude to, that Bloom wouldn't have him back anyway).

A lot of logic there, but the reality is that he's now odds on with bookies who are rarely wrong about these things. https://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/brighton/next-permanent-manager

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006

Attachments

• IMG_0119.jpeg
    IMG_0119.jpeg
    37.2 KB · Views: 36

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
A lot of logic there, but the reality is that he's now odds on with bookies who are rarely wrong about these things. https://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/brighton/next-permanent-manager

The bookies had Kieran McKenna odds on at various points for both the job here and at Chelsea. They appear to have been very wrong.

The market is based on nothing more than where the money is going at the moment. As soon as something actually happens and the bookies get wind then someone will move to 1/20 rather than 4/5, which is what we saw as soon as it became clear the fella at Leicester was who Chelsea were going to appoint.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
The bookies had Kieran McKenna odds on at various points for both the job here and at Chelsea. They appear to have been very wrong.

The market is based on nothing more than where the money is going at the moment. As soon as something actually happens and the bookies get wind then someone will move to 1/20 rather than 4/5, which is what we saw as soon as it became clear the fella at Leicester was who Chelsea were going to appoint.

This. You can trust the bookies to some extent when they stop taking bets on a candidate.

Nailed on head! If someone goes large (in the know), its all possibles at present.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I dunno man. Quite often there's something in it, but we are very secretive. And Potter is not really the type of guy who will spend his days on the phone with Fabrizio Romano either. If Potter is indeed our next manager, very few people will now until the day he gets the job.
I just struggle to get past how small-time we'd look by reappointing Potter. There's a reason we all laughed at Palace every time they went running back to Hodgson.

That said, I'd get over it eventually.
Keep up the struggle because you should get past it. What it "looks like" won't mean much.
Also... while it can feel quite regressive, surely its not even in the ball park as rehiring a retired 75-year-old manager?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Keep up the struggle because you should get past it. What it "looks like" won't mean much.
Also... while it can feel quite regressive,
Damn right it is regressive, and we are supposed to be moving forward, improving with every appointment, not stagnating or regressive.
Potter is both of the those.
surely its not even in the ball park as rehiring a retired 75-year-old manager?
Granted, but at least Roy had some umph about him.

Potter can feck off.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Alex Crook : there are names on the list before Potter would be a consideration. Bloom would find it difficult to re appoint Potter.
:clap:
Just as I thought from a very good source who has obviously been fed this by the club to stop the bed wetting from the Potter Out Campaign.

He IS on the list but behind a few others (perhaps not McKenna now).

Just need to work out who the others are. I’m almost certain they are not the bookies leading candidates who are Martin, Ride-Storm and Rosenior.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here