Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If Graham Potter is re-appointed...

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
He also mentioned a deal with McKenna was almost done. Unfortunately the Chelsea & Manure speculation made him think staying put was the best option and wait. His dream is to manage Utd.
Which he still could if he cam here for two or three year although it would probably be months :ROFLMAO:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Who's to say Potter even wants to come back to us?

He's reportedly turned down Ajax and one or two other jobs in the last year - what in the hope of rejoining us?

Plus if we really wanted him surely we would have had this sorted by now with him being a free agent.

I'm expecting somebody else.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I wouldn’t want a manager with his head already at another club before he’s started.
I kinda agree, but that is tantamount to saying I do not want a manager with ambition who wants to test himself at the highest level.

Who knows, they could get here and be quite content and achieve their ambitions with us, very few managers stay at a club for more than two years lets face it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I wouldn’t want a manager with his head already at another club before he’s started.
Not after the last one we just had anyway 😉

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Damn right it is regressive, and we are supposed to be moving forward, improving with every appointment, not stagnating or regressive.
Potter is both of the those.

Granted, but at least Roy had some umph about him.

Potter can feck off.
It only feels regressive.
100% of all managers at this level know that when you get sacked, what you need to do is to go and get better. Its built into the personality of someone who goes far in coaching since its pretty much about the concept of "improvement". If say David Moyes was the same manager he was 10 years ago, he'd be murdered on a weekly basis.
Difficult to tell for certain as he has not spoken a word in public for 13 months but if Potter returns, he'll probably bring some new stuff to the table.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Who's to say Potter even wants to come back to us?

He's reportedly turned down Ajax and one or two other jobs in the last year - what in the hope of rejoining us?

Plus if we really wanted him surely we would have had this sorted by now with him being a free agent.

I'm expecting somebody else.
Martin to us, Potter to Southampton?

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Are the Argus now sowing the seeds for the “return”?

For and against discussion drawing on MCoist and Winter comments from Talksport the other day.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Are the Argus now sowing the seeds for the “return”?

For and against discussion drawing on MCoist and Winter comments from Talksport the other day.
Well at least they are now reporting on what everyone is talking about!! Not sure who Patrick Barlow is, maybe Brian Owen is away

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
In what way, what was the context? Apparently, I am antisemitic because I am anti-zionist. That I am Jewish seems to be irrelevant.
Was this regarding Swansman?

He was having a drug-induced manic episode, posted hundreds of times throughout the evening becoming more and more unhinged. The conspiracy/deep state stuff started (in an irrelevant thread) and then it was all Jews run the world, keeping the poor man down and all of that. Eventually, he was banned after making a disgraceful comment which I won’t repeat here.

He’d been threadbanned several times when it was clear he was “tired and emotional” (a euphemism the press love using to avoid libel for “intoxicated”) and his rants always followed a pattern. Increasing paranoia, anger and finally conspiracy theories based on race. He said some pretty out there stuff about 9/11 and Al-Qaeda at one point, but I don’t know if all that got deleted.

I don’t know if he showed any contrition after he sobered up - he likely has no memory or a very hazy memory of it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
100% of all managers at this level know that when you get sacked, what you need to do is to go and get better. Its built into the personality of someone who goes far in coaching since its pretty much about the concept of "improvement". If say David Moyes was the same manager he was 10 years ago, he'd be murdered on a weekly basis.
Difficult to tell for certain as he has not spoken a word in public for 13 months but if Potter returns, he'll probably bring some new stuff to the table.
It's totally regressive as most people on here know from our history.

Alan Mullery got us to the top division for the first time, but when he came back he accelerated the decline that eventually saw us lose our home. Mickey Adams helped us towards two titles in two seasons, but when he came back he nearly took us back into the bottom division and was a total disaster.

It almost never works and Brighton fans know this. You're just not one.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Agreed, I guess
Difficult to tell for certain as he has not spoken a word in public for 13 months but if Potter returns.
Mixed blessings and all that.
he'll probably bring some new stuff to the table.
Yeah, and a massive chip on his shoulder and great big bag of humility, can not see this happening now, thank god (not that I believe in one)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here