Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If Graham Potter is re-appointed...

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Reapointing Potter would not go down well with me … but if TB & PB did it then we would have to live it.
let’s face it, whoever is chosen would go off if a big club offered him a job . Perhaps they take a more businesslike view , but for me the sense of abandonment is still raw.
Nb, remember what happened when Mickey Adams came back?

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
Redknapp destroyed the club through being allowed to bring in a bunch of expensive footballers every transfer window.
Basically what I've seen a bunch of fans wish for us. Good stuff, no?
To be fair, I think that fans calling for unlimited money spunking are in a tiny minority. We've seen too many clubs crash and burn chasing the dream. It might be a bit boring sometimes (deep down we all want shiny new signings of course), but i think that most fans appreciate that Tony's balanced, sustainable approach is the way to go.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Has this been posted? Nothing new but Lallana and Dale Stephens thoughts

Dales was binned off by Potter wasn't he. And he put in a transfer request ages ago so he is JUDAS and must be BOOED and never ever LISTENED to. I think I've got that right?

anyway, might as well post again today that I am all-in for a Potter return and hope it happens :) Not that it will, but there must be balance in the universe against all these anti-Potter harrigans

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Dales was binned off by Potter wasn't he. And he put in a transfer request ages ago so he is JUDAS and must be BOOED and never ever LISTENED to. I think I've got that right?

anyway, might as well post again today that I am all-in for a Potter return and hope it happens :) Not that it will, but there must be balance in the universe against all these anti-Potter harrigans
My take from it was that Dale sounded more on the ball and eloquent than Lallana. Did I mention I was not a massive fan of Adam?
:wink:

And yes we should be booing just about anybody who has left, it is turning into the Brighton way :lolol:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Reapointing Potter would not go down well with me … but if TB & PB did it then we would have to live it.
let’s face it, whoever is chosen would go off if a big club offered him a job . Perhaps they take a more businesslike view , but for me the sense of abandonment is still raw.
Nb, remember what happened when Mickey Adams came back?
For me it's not the abandonment as such - it's the poaching of the coaching staff to really leave us in the lurch.

Even this can be forgiven one day, but worse than that is his attitude that the Brighton job is an "easy life". That is an "interview failer" right there

He'd be here with the mindset of that easy life - coasting, puting his feet up, "it is what it is", who cares - the job is easy. Don't dare to dream, Potter knows his "history". Sit down, shut up. Know your place. Limit the ambition.

But there is no chance he's coming back so :shrug:

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
Moyes won the Conference League but nearly took them down the same season. He played awful football and most West Ham fans hated him.

Redknapp nearly killed Pompey as a football club.

They're not great examples.
The various owners did that. Redknapp merely spent the money they authorised him to do so whilst winning the FA cup. Any manager who is offered the opportunity to spend money will take it.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
For me it's not the abandonment as such - it's the poaching of the coaching staff to really leave us in the lurch.

Even this can be forgiven one day, but worse than that is his attitude that the Brighton job is an "easy life". That is an "interview failer" right there

He'd be here with the mindset of that easy life - coasting, puting his feet up, "it is what it is", who cares - the job is easy. Don't dare to dream, Potter knows his "history". Sit down, shut up. Know your place. Limit the ambition.

But there is no chance he's coming back so :shrug:
Be careful as apparently the easy life quote is misunderstood if not contextualised.

I agree with your interpretation btw.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I, for one, want GPott. Primarily for my £50 bet he’ll be the next Albion manager

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I starting to think it will not be any out of work manager, as it is taking too long. Any of them could have been interviewed by now and either ruled out or hired. obviously I could be wrong.

Jul 20, 2003
Overheard someone in my local earlier saying they were putting a tenner on John Terry as he is, 'exactly what we need'.

Which was odd.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Roooooobz

b7870090-f662-11ee-bbe1-a7ba053f1988~2.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here