Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If Graham Potter is re-appointed...

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
He probably isn't. but not for footballing reasons.

As for Chelsea, who knows why they do anything. Poch's underlying figures were on the up and they let him go.
I do think Chelsea had no idea why they wanted him other than it looked successful from us, his whole appointment was a mess, and Chelsea really didn't look into anything, they had no football people at the club at the time, other than Tuchel. It was a business appointment, because Brighton were making money.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Personally? I woudn't watch or attend any matches until he left again, but appreciate others will feel differently.

Honestly I think there would be less than 1% of fans who would do this. There would be an almighty effort by the club pre-season to recognise the situation, the media team would go into overdrive. GP would be giving out free meals to the homeless, he'd an hour long interview where he talks openly and honestly about his mistakes, the tide would turn, we'd all galvanise after our first win and we'd move on.

But then again this is never ever going to happen. Ever.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Against Forest Green Rovers.
No, against Newcastle in the second game of the season, when he created a great late chance that Gross spurned in a 0-0 draw. He came on as a sub against West Ham, then made his starting debut against Forest Green. RDZ also used Mitoma as a sub for his first six games, giving him his first Premier League start in his seventh game in charge, against Chelsea (good game that)

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Burning your phone is a little OTT …unless of course it’s Android based then I’d totally understand
Well, I’ve already printed out a faux season ticket on my HP inkjet - mark me, I’ll be burning it in the back garden up in Alnwick come the big KO.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
No, against Newcastle in the second game of the season, when he created a great late chance that Gross spurned in a 0-0 draw. He came on as a sub against West Ham, then made his starting debut against Forest Green. Mitoma made his first Premier League start in RDZ's seventh game in charge, against Chelsea (good game that)
Exactly. Potter only started Mitoma, our breakout player last season, in a league cup game.

What a great coach.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Potter won’t come back UNLESS it’s TBs last choice. IF Potter did come back he and the club would have to put up with a lot of pre season bed wetting and some lost season ticket sales (I suspect). The only way Potter stays past the 10th match (including pre season) is IF it’s a 10 match unbeaten run including the first 6wks of the season.

If Potter loses the first 2/3 Prem games TB will have to sack because the fans won’t tolerate anymore from Potter. It’s for that reason I really don’t see Potter coming back.
How very Chelsea.............

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
The not attending games things is a bit daft, especially when you consider you won’t be able to see the pitch anyway… what with all the smoke from the burning season tickets…

A potter pyre.
I like the "potter pyre" bit. I would prefer to see it more as: "a conflagration created by consummate, club cock-ups"

(Harry Wilson's Tackle would be proud of me! :) )

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
How very Chelsea.............
Agreed this is all sounding very Chelsea from some fans, shame :down:

If it happens and enough fans boo the Albion manager, I wouldn’t blame TB for thinking he might sell up and move on :nono:

Coldwaltham Seagull

Mar 8, 2024
Honestly I think there would be less than 1% of fans who would do this. There would be an almighty effort by the club pre-season to recognise the situation, the media team would go into overdrive. GP would be giving out free meals to the homeless, he'd an hour long interview where he talks openly and honestly about his mistakes, the tide would turn, we'd all galvanise after our first win and we'd move on.

But then again this is never ever going to happen. Ever.
I for one cant wait for the 34 minute long Youtube interview and resulting various Sky Sports & podcast appearances from PBOBE, detailing just how wonderful his *I mean our* succession planning is- "Graham has always been our number one choice". As well as, of course, reminding us its a difficult transfer market ahead of selling Mitoma & Gross and replacing them with a 17 year old from the Albanian 4th tier

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I like the "potter pyre" bit. I would prefer to see it more as: "a conflagration created by consummate, club cock-ups"

(Harry Wilson's Tackle would be proud of me! :) )
I like to think Harry is proud of us all, in his own small way.

With Harry in mind, this whole thread has made me think of this tune …

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
The not attending games things is a bit daft, especially when you consider you won’t be able to see the pitch anyway… what with all the smoke from the burning season tickets…
fire celebration GIF by BC Lietuvos Rytas

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Exactly. Potter only started Mitoma, our breakout player last season, in a league cup game.

What a great coach.
Oh jeezus. People want to see what they want to see don't they. What you are suggesting is Potter should have dropped one of MacAllister, Gross, Caicedo, Lallana, March, Welbeck or Trossard from the team that won away at Manchester United for the first time in our 100 and whatever year HISTORY, to play someone who has just turned up at the club and was still learning our system, rather than starting his Albion career on the bench and gradually blooding him. He appeared as a sub in 4 of Potter's 6 games, and then appeared as a sub in RDZ's first 6 games, before he finally got his start.

But you don't like Potter, fine, Everything is a stick to beat him with, isn't it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here