Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If Graham Potter is re-appointed...

dippy2449

May 24, 2004
Norfolk
The way that Potter f***ed off the moment Chelsea fluttered their eyelashes at him was, in my humble opinion, disrespectful to The Albion.
I don't like people or things that I care deeply about being disrespected, so, for that reason, I wouldn't be happy to see Potter come back .
Walk it off!!
It cost you, personally, nothing except hurt feelings on behalf of the club.
Tony Bloom is a business man and planned for that eventuality which is what every dynamic business must do.
Don't take it personally and you will feel much better.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
PBOBE would certainly have to spin this like he's never spun anything before.

With about half of Albion fans not wanting Potter back, and the fans being told RDZ was 'an upgrade' I'm not sure even a 6,000 word press release would sell this one.

The club read / monitor NSC (and other platforms) I wonder whether they would be influenced at all by the anti-Potter sentiment?

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
That’s just pathetic.
We are all different, I jacked in going late in Hyypia’s tenure and the last few games under CH. I go to football for enjoyment not be be angry all through games, I can find better things to do in those circumstances, I am not a Northerner :wink:

I would certainly give GP time second time around though

dippy2449

May 24, 2004
Norfolk
Personally? I woudn't watch or attend any matches until he left again, but appreciate others will feel differently.
So which manager do you support? As that seems more important to you than the club

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Honestly I think there would be less than 1% of fans who would do this. There would be an almighty effort by the club pre-season to recognise the situation, the media team would go into overdrive. GP would be giving out free meals to the homeless, he'd an hour long interview where he talks openly and honestly about his mistakes, the tide would turn, we'd all galvanise after our first win and we'd move on.

But then again this is never ever going to happen. Ever.
I just hope your last sentence is true. I would genuinely be less inclined to go to those games that I make an extra effort to travel from London for that are on tv or relatively meaningless. Would I give up my ST? probably not, but I would really struggle to go to a game feeling connected to "the process".

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I just hope your last sentence is true. I would genuinely be less inclined to go to those games that I make an extra effort to travel from London for that are on tv or relatively meaningless. Would I give up my ST? probably not, but I would really struggle to go to a game feeling connected to "the process".
How about if we were flying and playing good football? Although I get for some on here it is not possible to be entertained by a Potter team.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
It's interesting comparing the perception amongst fans around GP leaving vs those that actually run the club. I remember seeing this interview with Paul Barber where he spoke in depth about the process of Graham leaving. You can see that Tony Bloom and him were both pragmatic about the situation and that Paul still looks back at Potters time at the club positively, and appreciates the impact he had on changing the style of play and taking the club to the next level. When De Zerbi came in he was also very complimentary of Potter and what he had left in terms of the squad and culture within it.

Potter discussion is around 20 mins in.

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm
How about if we were flying and playing good football? Although I get for some on here it is not possible to be entertained by a Potter team.
I thought the same. What if he came here, somehow took the Albion to a 5th place. Would that be enough to get some here to change their mind? They probably won't, and that I found very strange.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I really don't believe a single person would walk away if Potter came back and was successful. Whatever they are saying or feeling now.

He walked away for a better paid job, which it turns out that he wasn't that good at. Nothing personal, just financial. 90% of the players on the pitch are there because they have been poached from smaller clubs, it's just the way things are. It was fun whilst he was at Chelsea but if Bloom thinks he's the best man for the job then Shirley we have to assume that he is?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, but surely you realise that if we were flying and playing good football, it would be down to the players, the recruitment team, Tony Bloom's leadership, the state of the pitch, the opposition playing badly and a huge slice of luck - and absolutely nothing to do with Potter!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here