Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If Graham Potter is re-appointed...

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Completely disagree. Completely revolutionising the way the team played from Chris Hughton's days and then taking the Albion into the top ten for the first time ever, the highest place we'd ever been in, ever - and then say he had very limited success is just flying in the face of facts.
Credit for transforming the playing style, Credit for the tactical flexibility, he is a good coach. But he really did have a very good squad when he got us to 9th, we have since sold half a dozen of them to big 6 clubs.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Your own hyperbolic adjectives. Not theirs.

Paul Barber has been very clear that he doesn't even think the FAB is necessary, so they certainly don't want fans telling them what to do. But fan satisfaction is part of the process nevertheless, else Hughton would still be here.
Based on what?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
He didn't really play Caicedo much honestly. Mostly on the bench in the season before Potter left, only 8 appearances total. He did play every game under Potter the season after though, and then obviously carried on playing under RDZ.

Potter definitely played Alexis a fair bit but Caicedo, not so much.
And if you discount the games Caicedo played in, his record was poor. And without Caicedo, he still had midfielders Bissouma, Gross, Mac Allister, Mwepu, Lallana, and Moder. We will be lucky to have such good midfield options again, the defence wasn't too shabby either, just a bit weak up top. Still, Welbeck and Trossard are not mugs.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I've not seen that article, but I was told that the club will be looking to make five "first-team-ready" signings this summer.

Seems to largely match Naylor's info.
Oh no not the dreaded promise of 5 signings in a single window, have we got Shane McFaul on standby in case we need to get the 5th over the line late in the window?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If Potter returns we will have a disgruntled Mitoma, Adingra, Osman & March not sure how that even works.
Potter hates wingers anyway so we’d probably just flog them

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
I booed him at the time, but it was just pantomime.

I don't actually have any hard feelings about Potter whatsoever. He didn't really do anything wrong.

In fact I found myself feeling sorry for him in the end at Chelsea. Of course I'm glad he failed, but when it started affecting his mental health, I just felt sorry for the bloke, especially as he did so much for the Albion.
All well and good. But you've been proper weird on this thread; sycophantic levels of praise and some off your nut delusion that we want him, he wants us, he will come and he will be the second coming of christ when he does. If i had to guess, its a troll. But there may be someone who believes what you say you do.

Regardless, you're not a barometer for how anyone else feels.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He didn't have Mitoma, Adingra and Osman available! He adapted to the players he had - like playing for one season with three at the back when we had Ben White, but otherwise usually a back four.
He had Mitoma, but never started with him.

He brought him on vs Newcastle, and he spent 10 minutes humiliating Trippier

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Would anyone really be surprised if this happened though? Really?
Totally wouldn't be surprised.

I expect a Hinshelwood summer where we wait until after the international tournament before appointing a manager.... followed by doom the following season.

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
Credit for transforming the playing style, Credit for the tactical flexibility, he is a good coach. But he really did have a very good squad when he got us to 9th, we have since sold half a dozen of them to big 6 clubs.
Much of this was due to Potter developing those players if you think about it.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Given that Talk Sport are reporting today that Potter is merely an "outside contender" for the Albion job, and that he's holding out for the England job (if Southgate steps down after the Euros - this really makes his return remote at best and thankfully (you'd hope) puts an end to this thread. I'm exhausted ha ha.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
He’s not coming back, he never was, he never will be, nor should he - it’d be retrogressive for all parties… it defies logic, it’s an appointment that would be considered a marker that our model is broken, and there’s no way in hell PB & TB will want any hint of that in the media.

We’re a forward thinking data driven club, and GPs stats in his last job were average at best… the data says no and he’s been out of work (in footballing terms) for getting on for Curbishley levels of ‘he won’t be back’ ism.

He’s a useful smokescreen though.

Yep, this thread is a joke (apart from those saying it won’t happen) the whole concept is laughable - especially when you consider the egos at play… I mean really ? Seriously?

lol whatever.

Carry on though, because when the actual appointment is announced there’s going to be some rather ‘surprised’ looking people sat behind their laptops… agog, aghast 😂

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here