Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If Graham Potter is re-appointed...

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I don't want Potter anywhere near BHA.

The old saying of no-one is bigger than the club really isn't true in our case right now. All routes (threads) lead to and are about Graham bloody Potter.
Don't forget though the club always knows what's best :sick:.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Don’t forget our third choice used to live in Brighton
Oh yet another NSCer who knows what names TB and PB have on the ‘list’ - who they’ve interviewed already and who they’ve turned down.

How enlightening.🙄

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Either @Bozza has been on the sauce or @AmexRuislip nailed it with his whimsy earlier.

Spooky.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Being up in Northumberland I don’t have a season ticket, but by God I’m going to give my Albion+ gift pack a good hiding…

This years free gift is going to wish it’d never been born.

Bring Potter back and I unleash hell on my Albion pencil and matching notebook… well, I’m just going to scrawl f*** POTTER and BOOOOO on every page.

You may think I’m joking, but I’m f***ing not.
Fence?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It is like an ex dumping you for a better looking fella with more money turned out he was a prick and then saying I will take you back and saying thats fine love. Fact is Potter dumped us and shat on us as well cannot believe the bloke is anywhere near the frame for this job again. We can do such much better than him, like integrity, honour, loyalty, ability

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
If feel a new song coming on if he comes back - rather than ‘do the locomotion’ it’ll be ‘we’re the easy option’ !

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
However disappointed we are with a particular appointment, whoever it is, surely we will continue supporting the Albion
He will have to work hard (and work out how to get to his players to put the ball I. The net) to make that support enthusiastic.

Maybe he needs a history lesson on how his teams performed for the lion's share of his last tenure.

... Oh and how he f***ed off as soon as things were going well.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Either @Bozza has been on the sauce or @AmexRuislip nailed it with his whimsy earlier.

Spooky.

Obviously a very tongue in cheek thread - sit back and enjoy watching people getting all hot under the collar about something there is no proof is even happening or just all hot under the collar that there’s another Potter thread :lol:

You gotta love the internet 😂

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
It's very unlikely to be Potter.

But if its Russell Martin, you're all going to be on your knees begging for Potter by November.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It is like an ex dumping you for a better looking fella with more money turned out he was a prick and then saying I will take you back and saying thats fine love. Fact is Potter dumped us and shat on us as well cannot believe the bloke is anywhere near the frame for this job again. We can do such much better than him, like integrity, honour, loyalty, ability
Nothing like that at all. No shagging, nothing personal. And, to add a dose of reality and reason, he was a good fit, and 9th. place wasn't bad - would take that again in a heartbeat next season, bite your hand off stuff!

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
If we hadn't SACKED GPott and the entire backroom staff in the first place, we wouldn't be in this mess.

£10m a year Job Seeker's Allowance from Chelsea only stretches so far; no wonder he's interested getting his old job back.
Honestly- “sacked” indeed - Potter will tell you himself, we sent him out on loan to Chelsea - He did a Fati on our behalf, screwed them over for £60 m in six months, got sent to the Falklands for the rest of his loan period now wants back in our first team. IMO he’d benefit from another loan period - maybe with Leicester.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Did that happen to you hun?

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
If Graham Potter is re-appointed, it will be interesting to see if those who said they will throw away their season ticket will, in fact, throw away their season ticket.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
First:
Sorry if I'm being overly dramatic or provoking but I'm a big, big time licker of both Potter and Bloom as they both promote a world where 8-year-olds can have a realistic dream of playing in their local (or at youth adopted) team rather than being denied their dream by some £100m Rolls Royce-owning ****. I'm a big fat IN, IN, IN, IN, IN on owners saying "we're going with the kids" and managers saying "the kids are alright".

Anyway...

How come the people asking for this are the same ones defending the previous manager trashtalking our owner, policies and players for months and months while losing game after game and blaming it on the club as well as the "players lack of motivation"?
Bringing up internal issues at every press conference is integrity? Blaming others for your failures is honourable? Telling the world that our owner isn't as ambitious as he allegedly is is loyal? 33 points in 32 games and making Ansu Fati look like Billy Arce, that's ability?

The insane thing about the GP vs RDZ attitude isn't the dislike for GP. The insane thing is that people have been able to watch, up close and live, Roberto De Zerbi playing a game frightenly similar to that of a psychopath, creating a situation where Roberto De Zerbi was the main attraction and the main subject, while creating a rift between the owner and the fans through stating how much he'd like to give every fan a blowjob while at the same time blaming all his and everyone elses failures on the "lacking ambition" of our owner.

This demagogue has created the impression you can't do well if you don't sign lots and lots of expensive quality players and that a crazy narcissist on the sidelines is more important than the club. Through this demagouge the fans have decided Tony Bloom is to incompetent to pick the right manager, too cheap to give us the necessary tools, and too meeky to keep the narcissist cult leader around.

Fan power is now quite possibly playing an important role in our next, very important decision.
And I suppose thats good as long as people really are as clever as they think they are.

If Tony decides (against the odds) to go with Graham, and Graham (against the odds) decide to accept it, fans will have to make a decision if they want to go to war against the owner or not. And if they indeed decide that booing the owner, manager and team is the right way to go about it, they imho lose any right to complain about the potentially very severe consequences of "winning the war against Bloom".

He would not be the first or last fan owner to lose interest because of people always demanding more investment and more decisions aligned with the fans increasingly unrealistic expectations. I'd f***ing hate to see it, I'm shocked at what you're taking for granted.

Maybe I'm just a thick old dirt-pitch-with-the-buddies footy romantic. Or maybe sometimes the outside perspective is necessary to appreciate some things. Or maybe my history lesson was just more recent than yours ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here