Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If Graham Potter is re-appointed...

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I’ll give it a go, as I don’t want him back…… 😉
I just want something/someone different.

Amorin
Gallardo
Nystrom
Pieminto

Seriously, I don’t know much about any of them, and whilst I respect the job Potter did in turning round a playing style, which really isn’t easy, I don’t think returning to a club is necessarily a good thing (unless your Mourinho).

See Mullery, Adams etc…

I know he’s just signed a new contract but I wouldn’t mind us going after the Bournemouth manager

I would LOVE us to poach the Bournemouth manager but I think they pay more than us in every aspect and are a club on the up so why would he come to a club in a potential crisis, which I do think we are heading towards.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
What three candidates would you place above Potter?
Amorim, Gallardi, Pochetino, Martin, McKenna, Allardyce, Klopp, Pimientiea, Rosenior, Nathan Jones, Chris Hughton, Knutsen, De Zerbi.

He’s ahead of Southgate though.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
well of course.

But my long standing policy of never booing the Albion would be jettisoned pretty f***ing quickly.

I would take great delight in seeing him fielding questions about a proper level of booing, after every single game.
Without getting sad or philosophical about RDZ leaving again, I felt it was admirable that there were no boos at the end of the season - a mutual understanding that we’d run out of steam physically and it would get better when the injuries sorted themselves out.

The outpouring of boos if Potter loses his first game will cause an earthquake. There is no mutual understanding anymore.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
How long as Potter been out of the game? Hardly any PL team plays without proper wide men nowadays, Sterling at wing back was never going to work and didn’t work. Teams like to overload in attacking areas, this season we had as many as 8 opposition players pressing our defence. His old push the wing backs up style is just that old and he doesn’t appear to have much more in the locker. I couldn’t believe with the players he had at Chelsea he stuck to the same boring low scoring style of play whilst it wont concede that many goals you won’t score many either. 1-0 down and we may as well slope off and get the early bus.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
😂😂
I don’t believe you
Of course. It was stupid answer to an inane question. “The list” only exists on Paul Barber’s laptop. Bookies odds are just mugs throwing around money.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I will
I will counter that with our 2-1 win at Arsenal the season before. We’d lost six of the previous seven games (one draw against Norwich 0-0) and only one goal scored. It was a superb performance which led us to finish the season with another four wins, two draws and only one defeat (Man City away). We then ended up in 9th position in the league our highest ever at the time.

So, my question is, where would that inspiration have come from?
Moises Caicedo

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
How long as Potter been out of the game? Hardly any PL team plays without proper wide men nowadays, Sterling at wing back was never going to work and didn’t work. Teams like to overload in attacking areas, this season we had as many as 8 opposition players pressing our defence. His old push the wing backs up style is just that old and he doesn’t appear to have much more in the locker. I couldn’t believe with the players he had at Chelsea he stuck to the same boring low scoring style of play whilst it wont concede that many goals you won’t score many either. 1-0 down and we may as well slope off and get the early bus.
Exactly. He turned Chelsea into a team that could barely muster a goal let alone a win, which with their riches of players was quite some feat.

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
If we manage to get a top tier manager that DOESN'T go off to bigger clubs with bigger wages then it would be a once in a lifetime miracle.

If your requirement is for our new manager to be devoutly loyal, then you are either living in fairy land, or you are happy to settle for absolute mediocrity.

Modern managers take their teams with them. It's what happens. RDZ has done the same.
Agreed. It would be unreasonable to expect him not to take the team he came in with. However, there is absolutely no way he didn't advise the Chelsea hierarchy of other key staff at our club. Hence the mass poaching of staff, coaches and a club legend. As far as I'm concerned, he put the wheels in motion and started Chelsea's unhealthy obsession with our setup.

Rosel89

Feb 24, 2024
The players all spoke very highly of Potter and was sad to see him go.

If he is highly injured thought of by the players I should imagine that makes a good fit

Think it will take something special to win the fans back!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here