Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If Graham Potter is re-appointed...

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
It was the comments after Roma until a couple of weeks before the end of the season that I was alluding to, when I assumed he had had a talking to because he then went more upbeat and our performances improved. Real shame as I think, with a less volatile ego he could have taken us even further :down:
Yeah fair enough, I just think some of the stuff before that was poorly translated and people were going a bit mental over it.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Despite this bizarre resentfulness a majority of Brighton fans seem to have against Potter, he is by far the best remaining candidate for the job (that we know about).

He is a great manager and would be a magnificent appointment.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Despite this bizarre resentfulness a majority of Brighton fans seem to have against Potter, he is by far the best remaining candidate for the job (that we know about).

He is a great manager and would be a magnificent appointment.
How is manager who hasn’t got an English side higher than 9th in a division great and magnificent? Looks like his ceiling is mid table.
You keep saying he’s great with no actual evidence of the perceived greatness.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
How is manager who hasn’t got an English side higher than 9th in a division great and magnificent? Looks like his ceiling is mid table.

He has a great record at every club he has managed, including here, with the exception of Chelsea (but it would be more than reasonable to ignore anything that happens at that shit show of a club).

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I think people are getting their arguments re RDZ and the potential of re-employing Potter intertwined.
They are very separate;
FWIW, I think the club were right to come to a mutual parting of the ways with RDZ and ‘executed’ the plan very well. It was well managed. RDZ parted on good terms with the club and the fans.
Also FWIW, I think the club have no plans whatsoever to re- employ Potter. It would be a massive PR own goal. However, why should they state anything, just let the rumours roll. If it’s someone who is less than exciting then the relief that we haven’t re-employed Potter will make up for the lack of excitement.
If I’m wrong and it’s Potter, then I’ve mis read PB and TB significantly.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
He has a great record at every club he has managed, including here, with the exception of Chelsea (but it would be more than reasonable to ignore anything that happens at that shit show of a club).
The league table never lies 11th finish for Swansea and a 9th for us which with different results on the day could have easily been a 14th place finish.
Not sure that’s a great record if you think it is then fine. Not for me though.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
The league table never lies 11th finish for Swansea and a 9th for us which with different results on the day could have easily been a 14th place finish.

It's even worse when you consider the squad of talent he had at his disposal here.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove

Where were we when he took over and where were we when he left us?

He did a remarkable job here.

He developed many young players into some of the greatest talents the club has ever had.

He would continue to push us on in the same manner, should he return.

He is absolutely perfect for our club and ambitions.

A great manager who is determined to continually improve, both his team and his own ability.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If our next manager gets us to a 9th. placed finish, I'll be well pleased (even if it 'could have been 14th'. :facepalm: whatever ..................................)

theboybilly

Yeah let's bring back a fella who royally shafted us took all our staff and described us as " the easy option ". Great plan
On the flip side think of what that mass departure brought us - 20 months of pure excitement and pride (okay 18 months) I don't see Potter as a risk whereas some of those in the betting fill me with dread

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

He developed many young players into some of the greatest talents the club has ever had.

A great manager who is determined to continually improve, both his team and his own ability.
Bit of hyperbole at the end, but generally I agree, yes, he did a good job and was a very good fit for us. When he left us, apart from the manner of his leaving the big disappointment was that he seemed to have a project here, a long term project in fact, which was showing every sign of coming to fruition. If he did return, essentially to carry on where he left off, there could be a lot worse outcomes.

May 24, 2010
East Preston

I second all this, a balanced view. I would be ok with this appointment should it happen.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
On the flip side think of what that mass departure brought us - 20 months of pure excitement and pride (okay 18 months) I don't see Potter as a risk whereas some of those in the betting fill me with dread
Yep, if we are going for anyone on the betting lists I feel the same. Gallardo is the only one that makes me think YES but I fear we are a bit small time for what he would accept

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014

And then f*** off again taking everyone but the tea lady with him.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
And then f*** off again taking everyone but the tea lady either him.
If we manage to get a top tier manager that DOESN'T go off to bigger clubs with bigger wages then it would be a once in a lifetime miracle.

If your requirement is for our new manager to be devoutly loyal, then you are either living in fairy land, or you are happy to settle for absolute mediocrity.

Modern managers take their teams with them. It's what happens. RDZ has done the same.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
As I showed on another thread, 8th-10th is about our ceiling. The 6th place finish was a one-off looking at things from a crude neutral perspective (and had Villa turned things round a match earlier, Chelsea not be in the basket, and Tottenham not screwed up their run in it would have been lower)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here