Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Coppell wanted the job again

Would you accept the sacking of Slade to get Coppell back?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
would you accept sacking Slade?

All hypothetical I know but a variation on the Slade in or out Saturday poll...I'd feel bad about it but long term it would be best for the progress of the club imo.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Coppell isn't the answer. We need to bring in a manager who insists on having his own coaching staff.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Coppell was the best manager we had but he like others had to move on because lack of cash to purchase decent players was just not available. this situation seems unchanged so little chance he would return.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
1) Why not?

2) Why?

1) Coppell will piss off to another club if they flash the cash at him.
2) Booker & White are better suited to coaching at non league level.

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
One good thing if we did get Coppell, Murray would be out of here very quickly, I suppose that is the difference between the class of manager like Coppell and Slade

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I voted yes - because in the long term I think Coppell is a better manager - that is not to say I want Slade sacked. I know it is a bit hypocritical but I think slade will be a good manager and the team will do well given time, but I can not see him taking us to the championship (very unlikely already this season and too much competition to expect to go straight up next season).

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The way the question is asked no.

It sounds like you're saying "if coppell asked bloom for the job, should he sack slade?"

Emphatically no. That is disgusting, classless behaviour.

Either he wants to stand by slade and trust in a long term plan, or he doesn't. His actions shouldn't be dictated by who is wiling to step in and use us to get their career back on track.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Yes because I think Coppell's ambition matches what I want and expect from the Albion. He has twice shown he can take clubs the size of ours to the Premier League, not just won promotion from league 2 with some turd team from the West Country.

I'm really grateful that Russell Slade was able to keep us up last year but as far as I'm concerned that was his job done.

just in fashion new

Dec 23, 2008
Eastbourne
I still want Slade to be given another month. Having said that I would love Coppell to come back. What I dont want to happen is in a months time we are still struggling & it becomes obvious that we need to make a change & by that time Coppell has another job

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It was only 5 months ago that most of this board were CLAMOURING for DK to give Slade the gig for achieving Mission Impossible.

I think he deserves more time, partly because I think the squad is comfortably League 1 standard but it's discipline and organisation that are lacking. A new manager can come in and improve that, whereas if the problem was ability in the squad I'd be more worried.

If Coppell came in he'd still face the same problems that Slade's got with squad, i.e. Virgo and Hawkins - who've contributed f*** all - are Adams signings on longer contracts. We'd take a hit on getting rid of both, and I think the chairman's canny enough to know that now's not the time to take a hit.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
One good thing if we did get Coppell, Murray would be out of here very quickly, I suppose that is the difference between the class of manager like Coppell and Slade

:wozza: How do you know that? Why would Coppell want to get rid of the best striker at the club? Doesn't sound like what a good manager would do.

You don't deserve Sir Steve.He is far too good for the likes of you!
The best boss we ever had.The most underrated boss too.
He is the only Brighton manager to get a standing ovation at Selhurst and he'll be the last.
Mind you,he got another standing ovation after the 5-0 humiliation too!
:yahoo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here