Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If brighton had died all those years ago?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If Brighton had finished I'd have stopped watching football, couldn't imagine following any other team.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Not sure - if there was a new Albion, ala Wimbledon, would almost certainly have latched onto that - if not, may have found another team. I have always had a soft spot for teams in the places I've lived - Cambridge, Forest, Man City, Exeter, Man Utd - which lasts for as long as I lived there, before casting them aside

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'd have followed a re-formed club for certain, but possibly would have been more side-tracked by Crawley than I have been.

I doubt it would have felt the same either way, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
We would have been sent to the Conference, but we wouldn't have gone out of business.

Someone would have bought the club off Archer, and IMO we would only be about 3-5 years from where we are at present.

The fans wouldn't and didn't let the club go down.

TB

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We could have reformed as North Stand Chat FC and worked our way back up the leagues. Just think we could now be singing about our favourite striker ....... der , der , der , der , Brett Mendoza :lolol:

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I would have probably cried at 3pm every saturday for a season or two.

Right now I would be on here mocking you AFC Brighton losers. As I support the Seagulls(After a long bitter court battle over the nickname, which finally went our way due to the years spent at the Goldstone.)also known as AFC Hove.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Very few clubs that get relegated to the Conference completely disappear - I think it's only Chester, Scarborough and Maidstone that don't exist any more (though I fully expect someone to tell me I'm wrong!) I'd have been heart broken if we'd lost at Hereford, but I think I'd still be following the club, albeit probably in a much lower league.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Assuming we had gone bust with no ground of our own it's hard to see how we could have done anything other than re-form at a level somewhat below the Conference, possibly playing at Whitehawk or Southwick. Who knows?

As I was living in the Midlands then and mostly watching Albion away from home as now I doubt I would have been able to get to many if any games until the re-formed club reached the Conference because that's when, geographically, they would have come within reach. I am sure I wouldhave lost interest as a result and probably/hopefully revived it once the club were on their way back whether they were Albion FC, Brighton Rangers or whatever..............

Meanwhile I would have done what I do now I guess and when there is no Albion to watch I go to one of the local teams - Villa, Wolves, Blues, Walsall, Hereford, Kidderminster, Bewdley Town if I'm in the Midlands; the Bristol clubs, Bath, Weston, Yeovil or Exeter if I'm in Somerset, and if I'm in Holland I go to see Ajax. Plenty of choice but I have no loyalty or committment to any of them and none of them excite me in the way the Albion do.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Initially, I think I'd have given up watching football completely (unless an FC Brighton had formed). In time I would probably have drifted back to whatever my most local non-League club would have been at the time I started to want to attend games again. Now, that's Ebbsfleet, but previously, it would have been Dartford.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I would probably have watched my two local teams. Wrexham and Chester City! I would probably have topped myself by now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here