Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If brighton had died all those years ago?

If brighton had lost at hereford and archer was allowed to drag us into oblivion,what would you have done?
Watched local football?
Attatched yourself to a premiere club?
Started supporting crawley/lewes?
Given up watching football?
Start watching fc brighton in the lower leagues?

I like to think brighton would have been reborn and i would have followed the climb back up!
What would you have done????
lets say this happened straight after the hereford game:ohmy:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Wouldn't have rabidly supported anyone, although I suspect I would be a Wimbledon or possibly even a Crawley "supporter" by now.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I was already part of the non league scene come 1997. Firstly West Sussex League at Angmering FC (played/managed/secretary) then County League at East Preston FC (committee). And it was almost a full time non working passion for me from about 1985, hence I saw very few pro games anyway.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
not a clue - failure wasn't a probobility I entertained at the time (madness!)

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Probably AFC Brighton and Hove (or whatever our new name would have been) if that had been the end of us completely, no doubt I would have ended up following Palace…. Thank god for Storer!

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
i would have probably gone to more England away games, i used to go to all the home games as it was.... in truth i dont think any of us really know the answer Rev, its not something we were prepared to let happen .... good on everyone going to the fans re-united game

i would have probably gone to more England away games, i used to go to all the home games as it was.... in truth i dont think any of us really know the answer Rev, its not something we were prepared to let happen .... good on everyone going to the fans re-united game

Going down plymouth with middle rev! 3 games in four days!!! Gonna stay sober for these games!:moo:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I would be playing football now instead of watching it and no doubt been an armchair fan of Spurs or Arsenal.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Would probably have gone to watch us, whatever we might have been called and maybe a few trips up to Fulham or Charlton.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Would have followed the pheonix club back up the leagues. Can't believe anyone would have considered anything else, tbh.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
The phoenix club wouldn't have been Brighton and Hove Albion, that would have died. The same as AFC Wimbledon are not the real Wimbledon or any of the other AFC's.

What if there had been 2 lots of supporters starting up 'New Albions' ? Which would have been the real one ? Neither as the real Albion would have been laid to rest.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
The phoenix club wouldn't have been Brighton and Hove Albion, that would have died. The same as AFC Wimbledon are not the real Wimbledon or any of the other AFC's.

What if there had been 2 lots of supporters starting up 'New Albions' ? Which would have been the real one ? Neither as the real Albion would have been laid to rest.

When Scarborough were reformed this is what i believed happened, thus spiltting the fan base.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here