Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If anyone can still be bothered with them - Score for England v Belgium?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Downing and Henderson will be key for England today. If Hodgson can keep them on the bench England will have a great chance.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Every time I notice Ashley cole he seems to be trying to pull the opposing player or kick at him. He was lucky people were too busy distracted by scott parker's yellow card foul to notice his attempt to kick someone in the first half.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
We're mediocre, no better than Belguim, and they finished MILES behind Germany in their group. Dreary and uninspired, like the crowd.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Its a win but it wasn't pretty. It was the cure insomniacs have been looking for. Young is good, and a far better option than Downing.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Cahill reportedly out of the Euros with a broken jaw.

Not a lucky man our Mr Hodgson.

John Terry hamstring injury to be reviewed

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Very comfortable. Lots of people saying Belgium would destroy us. Erm....didn't really look like threatening at any point.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
Very comfortable. Lots of people saying Belgium would destroy us. Erm....didn't really look like threatening at any point.

Not sure about that - they had far more shots both on and off target than we did, hit the post and missed a good chance with a header. We were at home and were largely outplayed by a team that failed to qualify by miles. Doesn't bode well at all . . .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

It's a friendly FFS. Most nations come over here in "city break/bucket and spade" mode and we come out of it thinking we're world beaters.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Not sure about that - they had far more shots both on and off target than we did, hit the post and missed a good chance with a header. We were at home and were largely outplayed by a team that failed to qualify by miles. Doesn't bode well at all . . .

We took our chance, they hit the outside of the post via a fluky shot but other than that never looked like scoring. That's all you have to do.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Never said we were world beaters, my comment was in response to a number of people who said Belgium would destroy us. That clearly turned out to be bollocks.

We weren't great by any stretch of the imagination, but at no point did we really look like we weren't in control of the game. We also hit the inside of the post, and their only real chance was a pot shot.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's a friendly FFS. Most nations come over here in "city break/bucket and spade" mode and we come out of it thinking we're world beaters.

I never think we're world beaters, ever! But a lot of teams consider England a massive scalp whether a friendly or not. I don't think you could argue Belgium didn't try to get something out of the game.

There were one or two positive signs that we could have a chance of getting out of the group.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here