Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If anyone can still be bothered with them - Score for England v Belgium?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Why do people 'not care' all of a sudden? Because it looks as though we won't do very well? Really looking forward to this & the Euros

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm sure the lads will rise to the occasion and play their hearts out......0-0

Finch

Jul 21, 2009
New Zealand
I don't understand how Belgium are only 44th in the world. They have quite a few good players at their disposal, a number of them would surely be in the England squad.

Eden Hazard (Chelsea)
Morouane Fellaini (Everton)
Romelu Lukaku (Chelsea)
Vincent Kompany (Man City)
Thomas Vermaelen (Arsenal)
Jan Vertonghen (Ajax - likely Tottenham soon)
Daniel Van Buyten (Bayern Munich)
Simon Mignolet (Sunderland)

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
I don't understand how Belgium are only 44th in the world. They have quite a few good players at their disposal, a number of them would surely be in the England squad.

Eden Hazard (Chelsea)
Morouane Fellaini (Everton)
Romelu Lukaku (Chelsea)
Vincent Kompany (Man City)
Thomas Vermaelen (Arsenal)
Jan Vertonghen (Ajax - likely Tottenham soon)
Daniel Van Buyten (Bayern Munich)
Simon Mignolet (Sunderland)

These too:
Thibaut Courtois - Chelsea
Kevin De Bruyne - Chelsea
Axel Witsel - Benfica
Steven Defour - Porto

They have their best generation of players for 25 years but their problem is that they haven't been able to get a decent manager since the legendary Guy Thijs. They briefly had Dick Advocaat a couple of years ago but he left them in the lurch after only a few months. At the moment they only have a caretaker in former player Marc Wilmots who was the assistant to the last manager George Leekens who just left to take over at Club Brugge. I would feel sorry for them but I'm an England supporter so I've used up all my sorrow!

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
2-1 to Belgium tonight, Hazard brace and Henderson.

The media will go wild and expectations will be lowered for the Euros, which we will win.

Heard it here first :thumbsup:

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
You can get great odds on a Belgium win and I'm surprised so many are predicting the opposite.

This is a big match for Belgium while only a warm up for England.

Woy will be anxious to protect our best players ahead of the Euros while the Belgium lot will be off on their hols after this.

And on paper, Belgium have arguably a better first XI than England.

I've stuck a couple of quid on a Belgium win.

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
Why do people 'not care' all of a sudden? Because it looks as though we won't do very well? Really looking forward to this & the Euros

It's not just all of a sudden although the last time I followed the England team abroad was to Frankfurt in the world cup (absolutely fantastic few days). I just can't be doing with all those pre madona, over paid players. I'm still as interested in the national game as the players seem to be.....in other words can't be bothered.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Heard that Kompany has been injured in the warm up. Bit of a shame if true, was looking forward to seeing how we fared.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
It's not just all of a sudden although the last time I followed the England team abroad was to Frankfurt in the world cup (absolutely fantastic few days). I just can't be doing with all those pre madona, over paid players. I'm still as interested in the national game as the players seem to be.....in other words can't be bothered.

Fair enough, but some people are saying. 'I can't be bothered this time' which is just a bit embarrassing, presumably because we stand no chance of winning.

D

Deleted member 18477

1-0 welbeck

Really like Welbeck as a player. He's more like Darren bent than anyone else, running in behind and finishing well. With Carroll, defoe and Rooney after 2 games we do have options. The midfield injury problems though are disappointing to say the least. Wilshire, Barry and Lampard.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Sitting in upper tier on halfway. Only comment I'd make is young is truly shocking

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
In the last world cup i decided that was it! I actually believed we would go far, however it was the same again! !

I again believed that the turning point would be the Game against Germany! We got shown how far behind we are in world football and due to this, until things change in the Offices of FA HQ i wont be bothering and will save my money thanks!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here