Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If all the fans care so much (then why not go watch the club you love)

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I know this has been all said before.

I also know the prices at withdean are too high.

But come on brighton fans,This is the same set of fans that used to pull 3000 to torquay in mid jan,Wheres everyone gone.

Ok i know after the relegation there was always going to be a slump in attendance,But the players have managed to pick themselves up and challenge again,Why the hell cant the fans.....................

Are all the people that arnt going sitting at home and waiting for falmer.

Because by not going the fans are damaging the club and not lifting the players.

COME ON BRIGHTON FANS SHOW SOME FCUKING LOYALTY.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
BB, make sure you get drunk enough to slap whoever planned the party.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Im not lashing out at the season ticket holders or people that miss due to reasons out of their control,Bu the fans who take the spair 2500+tickets,Where they all gone+ I dont feel xmas is an excuse,because i cant see it changing.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I would love to and would if if I could but living in Leeds makes things difficult!!

:nono:

Locky

Oct 2, 2003
Brighton
Changing this fixture to a friday night probably won't help.....................I am a season ticket holder and will certainly be there as will a couple of mates who have got tickets this week.
The fact they got tickets so easily is a bit of a worry.......I prefer to hear the "sorry all sold out" line.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I go to all homes games and at least 5-10 away every season. Nowt would keep me away.

:D

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
If this game was on a Saturday it would sell out no problem!

It's just one of those things us long suffering Albion fans have to deal with! Gates will pick up again in the new year!

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Also this Friday and next Friday will be the most popular for office do's! My suggestion for next year is to get your office to sponser the game and enjoy a meal at the club instead :)

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Also this Friday and next Friday will be the most popular for office do's! My suggestion for next year is to get your office to sponser the game and enjoy a meal at the club instead :)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's always tricky for a lot of people at Christmas for all sorts of reasons. And a Friday evening match as well. It would be interesting to see how many we would pull in at Falmer for an identical fixture on the same date and time. I reckon the numbers would be about the same.

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
Tom Hark said:
It's always tricky for a lot of people at Christmas for all sorts of reasons. And a Friday evening match as well. It would be interesting to see how many we would pull in at Falmer for an identical fixture on the same date and time. I reckon the numbers would be about the same.

Exactly.

But the great thing about Falmer is that we wouldn't need to play home games on a Friday in December.

:clap:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Your barking up the wrong tree here mate. The majority of NSC are the season ticket holders that keep this club afloat.

We have 3000 people who would watch Brighton is we were in the Ryman league playing on a council pitch ( like we do now ! ).

I cannot blame the floating supporters for not coming anymore as the facilities are appaling and the thought of sitting in the pissing rain for 2 hours watching lets be honest pretty poor football on a Friday night for £ 20 will not appeal.

R2D2

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I think a lot of them are scared of the rain :(

Are you going tonight GG or does eastenders look too tempting :lolol: :wave:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The coins in the air.

Seriously though, I have been at the Withdean for all 5 seasons and sat in the rain for probably 50% of the games. I have got several colds and 2 bouts of flu direct from sitting at the Withdean.

One year, 2000 I think, Brighton was the wettest town in England with over 70 inches of rain most of which feel during the football season.

My programme collection has 50% of them like paper mash where they have got soaked.

My point is I am nearing the end of my tether after 5 years and I that is why we need Falmer now.

You will always get 3000-4000 fans who will put up with just about anything but we will need to attract the floaters and lost generation when we get Falmer.

If we let our fan base slip to 3000 , it will be a hell of a marketing job to attract an extra 10000 - 12000 when we get Falmer. We are losing fans hand over fist because:

1. The Withdean Blues
2. The football has been very mediocre
3. Steve Coppell stitching us up
4. Were are in limbo until we get Falmer

I am worried that if we get Falmer , people may for the next 2-3 seasons decide to save their money for Falmer and bypass the next 2-3 years at Withdean. We could have season ticket holders of under 3000 next season if we are in div 2.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here