Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If, after the first FIVE games next season...

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
We have a fairly hard start to the season IMO. Gus will do the business for us. The season is 46 games long, after all, not 5.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Well for a start two of those didn't even play for us at the start of last season so no idea why you're including them. Crofts was shit. We will see that as soon as we have a talented player in midfield again, although whether that is Sparrow who knows. The only one I was wrong on was Dickinson, who I thought looked really good last August.

Sorry, you were right about Ashley Barnes being "useless"?? Talk me through that one then, please.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Well for a start two of those didn't even play for us at the start of last season so no idea why you're including them. Crofts was shit. We will see that as soon as we have a talented player in midfield again, although whether that is Sparrow who knows. The only one I was wrong on was Dickinson, who I thought looked really good last August.

So shit he got a move to the Championship and player of the season.

Nobody mentioned dates, they just mentioned new signings.

And you can't ignore Navarro either who was involved at the beginning of the season.

But I can't be arsed to argue, save it for the long train to Carlisle

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We`ve failed to impress in two friendlies now.................

act now Bloom. :censored:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
...we are NOT in the Top 6 can we all agree not to go f**king stupid and call for Gus's head/clear out the dead wood etc?

This is a side still being built in Gus's image. It may take more than one season to make it to the Championship. We will play some very nice football on the way there.

Enjoy it, but BE PATIENT. Most other teams will come along and try to win as well.

:amex:

:bounce:

i tomorrow our 5th game? or are we going on league games only.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don't know. I don't care anymore. Some of the people on here are genuinely depressing.

Are all teams fans this impatient and frankly downright THICK?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I don't know. I don't care anymore. Some of the people on here are genuinely depressing.

Are all teams fans this impatient and frankly downright THICK?

Unfortunately TB and GP must take some of the blame for the "automatic promotion" statements.

Its makes peoples expectations soar and losing a couple of games is a DISASTER! To them anyway.

Like I said on another thread they can hardly say "we want mid table" this season, hardly inspires confidence, bums on seats and gets people excited for falmer...

But they should have said "we aim for promotion". Leave out the automatic bit. Then maybe a bit of realism would set in.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Unfortunately TB and GP must take some of the blame for the "automatic promotion" statements.

Its makes peoples expectations soar and losing a couple of games is a DISASTER! To them anyway.

Like I said on another thread they can hardly say "we want mid table" this season, hardly inspires confidence, bums on seats and gets people excited for falmer...

But they should have said "we aim for promotion". Leave out the automatic bit. Then maybe a bit of realism would set in.

Tony made ONE comment I believe, that he then retracted/revised.

As others have said, it's what Gus says that matters, and he has generally said he is aiming for play offs, is he not?

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Tony made ONE comment I believe, that he then retracted.

As others have said, it's what Gus says that matters, and he has generally said he is aiming for play offs, is he not?

Absolutely.

But whilst I appreciate that we are no way the finished article, the automatic promotion comment still sticks in my mind and if TB did retract it then to be honest I didnt see or hear it. :shrug:

To be fair to TB he was probably in part talking like a fan. We would all LOVE automatic promotion.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Of course we would. But surely we all have a section of our brain marked "common sense", that takes into account all the hurdles that stand between us and promotion.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We have been promoted TWICE from this div in the Withdean years alone... other than this hurdle, what hurdles do you see? All clubs have hurdles to overcome...

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
We may still get promoted yet.

There are a few games left I think, Im no expert and I do live miles away, but there are some games to play? I mean , I know Carslie have got the title in the bag, but there's still second place.

I do however feel sorry for the South Coast Club who are in the mits of a relagation battle with only a few games left.

For me though, its hats off to Bournmouth who look like winning the playoffs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here