Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If, after the first FIVE games next season...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Completely agree. No point looking at the league table until Christmas when I am confident that we will be in the top six.

Can I also add please don't go over the top if we win at Swindon as they are not the side they were last season. Equally don't go overboard on depression if we lose as given the Greer thing I suspect they will be well up for it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
IT is a STATISTICAL fact that no TEAM that LOSES its FIRST game in ANY competition goes on to WIN that competition so if WE lose to Swindon then it is on the BUS for Gus and ADIOS :wave:

Quite right imagine getting thrashed 7-1 in an opening game and going on to win the League. NO WAY could that happen.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Or losing 1-0 to lowly Switzerland...

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
i feel We hav got to give the team time to gel and the first 5 games arnt easy so if were not in the top 6 it wont be the end of the world we will have the rest of the season to get in the top 6 and that how i feel

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Flirt with play offs and good football would do me . Then really go for it in the first season at Falmer.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
So it's agreed then, 3 games no win. Lots of muttering and a bit of booing at the end of the game

4 games no wins and we pick on a couple of players and abuse them during pre match kickabout, boos get louder at the end

5 games no wins, NSC goes into meltdown and gatherings behind the home dugout 10 mins from the end with lots of abuse being thrown and full blown sack Gus chants from some parts of the ground, after the booing at the end of the game.

Am I on the right lines here??
That's EXACTLY what'll happen. You can guess the threads on here: "I thought Poyet was the right man for the job but I was wrong. (or even: I never thought Poyet was the right man for the job and I was right). In order to salvage our season Bloom MUST act now before it's too late. Get Alan Curbishley in. But not Capello because he's shit obviously."

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
...we are NOT in the Top 6 can we all agree not to go f**king stupid and call for Gus's head/clear out the dead wood etc?

This is a side still being built in Gus's image. It may take more than one season to make it to the Championship. We will play some very nice football on the way there.

Enjoy it, but BE PATIENT. Most other teams will come along and try to win as well.

:amex:
I see your Capello experience has scarred you mentally.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
This thread will need a good bounce at the end of August I think.

There really should be the ability to automatically bounce a thread like this you know.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The bigger question is how patient TB will be. I think he buys into Poyet and would be unlikely to take any hasty decisions after 5 games. But if our first 2-3 months is has bad as last season's, I could easily see him pulling the trigger. With the signings we've made though, this should all be purely hypothetical.

I thought he showed a great deal of patience with Slade, and it is alleged he wasn't fully behind Slade. I imagine he will be fully behind Poyet so expect even more patience.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
The funny thing is I was right about virtually all of them.

Gus will get 15 games this season. If we're not in the top 8/10 he'll be gone. And that's not my wish, it's what Bloom will do.

Crofts - wrong
Navarro - wrong (not the only one guilty here)
Brezovan - wrong
Barnes - wrong
Dickinson - wrong

Agree with your second point. No point accepting rubbish just because he used to play for Chelsea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here