Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If, after the first FIVE games next season...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
...we are NOT in the Top 6 can we all agree not to go f**king stupid and call for Gus's head/clear out the dead wood etc?

This is a side still being built in Gus's image. It may take more than one season to make it to the Championship. We will play some very nice football on the way there.

Enjoy it, but BE PATIENT. Most other teams will come along and try to win as well.

:amex:

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
For heavens sake man, didn't you read the disclaimer when you started posting on here...obviously not so here it is:

You must never make sense or be logical!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
No chance with WW and TCB about.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Amen to that.

I really enjoy watching the team play now. Success will come if we stick with him

Plus we have a shocking start fixtures wise i think !

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
You'll be lucky.

It just sounds too good ...

Get on the bus, Gus!
Make a new plan, Tanno!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Oh and Badger wll give his verdict on the new signings after one game.Either keep or get rid.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Not forgetting Ernest and his ARS who will be lobbying for a TRIED and TESTED ENGLISH manager if we don't beat Swindon 4-0 on opening day.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yep - spot on Mello son - I'm glad we've done this thread as it can be bounced as and when we have a bad patch in the season - I am setting low ish expectations of mid-table this season so anythnig else is a BONUS. And I know we HATE that gel word but with the managers we've gone through recently and Poyet re-building a lot of the team let's be patient this season everyone yeh...

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Good post, we need a manager here for the long-term to build a team, even if we're not initially as successful as we'd like to be.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
...we are NOT in the Top 6 can we all agree not to go f**king stupid and call for Gus's head/clear out the dead wood etc?

This is a side still being built in Gus's image. It may take more than one season to make it to the Championship. We will play some very nice football on the way there.

Enjoy it, but BE PATIENT. Most other teams will come along and try to win as well.

exactly - but whats the scoop if we are playing rubbish,scrappy, awful football like we have started of the season playing like god knows how many years?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So it's agreed then, 3 games no win. Lots of muttering and a bit of booing at the end of the game

4 games no wins and we pick on a couple of players and abuse them during pre match kickabout, boos get louder at the end

5 games no wins, NSC goes into meltdown and gatherings behind the home dugout 10 mins from the end with lots of abuse being thrown and full blown sack Gus chants from some parts of the ground, after the booing at the end of the game.

Am I on the right lines here??

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
So it's agreed then, 3 games no win. Lots of muttering and a bit of booing at the end of the game

4 games no wins and we pick on a couple of players and abuse them during pre match kickabout, boos get louder at the end

5 games no wins, NSC goes into meltdown and gatherings behind the home dugout 10 mins from the end with lots of abuse being thrown and full blown sack Gus chants from some parts of the ground, after the booing at the end of the game.

Sounds like a PLAN. Count me IN.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008

The bigger question is how patient TB will be. I think he buys into Poyet and would be unlikely to take any hasty decisions after 5 games. But if our first 2-3 months is has bad as last season's, I could easily see him pulling the trigger. With the signings we've made though, this should all be purely hypothetical.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom

depends on how we play after 5 games I guess - if we are playing SHIT and not looking like scoring then bring on the anger

however if we are creating chances and being unfortunate then more time

basically common sense must prevail - however this being NSC won't happen :whistle:

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
The bigger question is how patient TB will be. I think he buys into Poyet and would be unlikely to take any hasty decisions after 5 games. But if our first 2-3 months is has bad as last season's, I could easily see him pulling the trigger. With the signings we've made though, this should all be purely hypothetical.

I very much doubt that with a 4 year deal to pay up.Anyway i have faith in Gus.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I very much doubt that with a 4 year deal to pay up.Anyway i have faith in Gus.

Ah that old chestnut..he STILL hasn't signed it yet though, and may not have done 5 games into the season :annoyed:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here